Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FAL pistol

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

thanks bub, this may be the thing to get me back into a FAL.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

i want to build one to

Feedback Score

so you used a 100% century FAL receiver... thats never been assembled and registered it as a pistol? or is the pistol registration just a crappy thing we have to do here in michigan....

also did you move the gas block back when you shortend the barrel or did you just cut the barrel back to the gas block and rethread it and use para internals and weld the back end up so it cant accept a stock?

pretty cool... i was thinking a pistol build would be the way to go for my 2nd build since we are not allowed to have short barrel rifles / shotguns unless its a C&R here in michigan... also been wanting to do this to a G3 to go along with my ak pistol, AR pistol

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by los48503
    so you used a 100% century FAL receiver... thats never been assembled and registered it as a pistol? or is the pistol registration just a crappy thing we have to do here in michigan....

also did you move the gas block back when you shortend the barrel or did you just cut the barrel back to the gas block and rethread it and use para internals and weld the back end up so it cant accept a stock?

pretty cool... i was thinking a pistol build would be the way to go for my 2nd build since we are not allowed to have short barrel rifles / shotguns unless its a C&R here in michigan... also been wanting to do this to a G3 to go along with my ak pistol, AR pistol
    I used a new receiver that was sold as a pistol receiver on the batf form.
    the bbl is on from DSA that was already shortened as were thr hand guards.
    the top cover and bolt carrier are para ones.

Feedback Score

any idea if the FFL had to log the bare receiver in as a pistol receiver? or just are a firearm aka bare receiver and then sell it as a pistol?

ive talked to my local PD in mi and they seem to not want to register it unless it is engraved pistol... and the same was told to me by a FFL

ive seen a ATF letter on the net....

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/wb...tf_letter7.txt

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by los48503
    any idea if the FFL had to log the bare receiver in as a pistol receiver? or just are a firearm aka bare receiver and then sell it as a pistol?

ive talked to my local PD in mi and they seem to not want to register it unless it is engraved pistol... and the same was told to me by a FFL

ive seen a ATF letter on the net....

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/wb...tf_letter7.txt

yes it was logged as a pistol. but it is not engraved as one.

Feedback Score

That is sweet and I hope that DSA still has the parts available to assemble something like this. Time to start buying the parts needed to do this build!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

If you want to build one cheap call DSA and ask for Billy, see if they have any of the short bbls in seconds, they were selling the handguards at KC as seconds as well as the bbls.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You just made the perfect gun for the "zombie apocalypse", which I can't wait for. Bet it's good shootin'. "Just shoot 'em in the head, they seem to go down permanently when you shoot 'em in the head" (points if you can call the movie)
    los48503, yep, Mi blows...just ask me.
    Whatever site I read it on as a members tag line, it's the truest statement ever made.
    "Our forefathers would have been shooting by now"
    They would have a long time ago, when our government became self serving and lied so openly that the taste of disgust can't be cleared with bleach.
    WTF happened to our country?
    member # 575

Feedback Score

wow nice build any extra back pieces?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.