Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FAL inch reciver?????

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

DSA told me this fall on the inch receivers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I contacted DSA this week to place an order for 5 inch pattern receivers. They told me that they were unable to give me a projected completion date at all. I pressed the point and finally was told that they couldn't even commit for delivery in a twelve month time frame. One year! I am not sure what they are doing, but with this much interest, I would think that they would capitalize on the inch market and look into either increasing capacity of their machine time or at least subcontract some of the stuff that is taking up that machine time. One year! I am calling Enterprise next week. One year!

Feedback Score

They have limited production capacity, which is being completely used by their own rifle building needs.
    At least thats what I hope.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I hope so. I still need 5 of them, but now I don't know where to get them from.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Enterprise

Hello All,

I have used Century, Entreprise and DSA. DSA is tops. Entreprise is is very close behind IMHO. What a lot of folks complain about in regard to Entrepriseis that the receivers are not to spec. But in reality, they are "in spec" for a production line. Which means that there are certain fit and finish operations that need to be completed in order to build a perfect rifle.

I have now built 18 (no, I am not kidding) FAL and L1A1's on Entreprise receivers. All of them have been excellent tack drivers (in "gas shut off mode"). You just have to envision yourself working on a FAL production line, and you have to apply the correct skill to the "raw" part.

DSA is finished to a much closer spec. There is little to do beyond honing and polishing. I have run into the situation where I had no choice but to get an additional bolt or barrel because the "fitted" product just didn't spec out. Still, Very excellent product. Deeper hardning than Entrepris, perhaps more durable in the long run.

Century takes a lot of work. Timing is "challenging". Use the appropriate timing washers. Problem is that you will have to buy several before you start. These are only appropriate in "inch: pattern rifles or IMI. FAL never used them. They are essentially a left-over from the SMLE days. Great if you expect to be repairing a lot of rifles in the field. Definately reduces overall production needs during time of war.

Thats it. Hope it helps.

Bellson

Gainesville, Ga Prototype Services's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Just some info:

Entreprise has recently been collecting photos and cut parts from British pattern L1A1 receivers. They have committed to bringing out a Brit pattern receiver to go along with their existing Australian pattern. (DSA's is also Aussie pattern.)

Battle Rifle Restorer novalondon's Avatar
    Feedback Score

After reading the above posts on inch receivers I think I may have a problem. I need 24 Aussie cut inch receivers for restoration builds I am doing. I wonder just how many we need to have before either big receiver manufacture will start a run on them?
    Any factory reps reading this???
    With my needs and what I see just in this thread numbers are pushing a hundred. Other forums out there are also asking these same questions to DSA and Entreprise....

Gainesville, Ga Prototype Services's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Entreprise has said they were doing another run of Aussies soon. They push harder when they get emails and phonecalls asking for product, so contact them. Ask for Lily.
    Another thing...
    Entreprise does their left side engraving very shallow, especially if we all ask them to watch this area. There are several engravers out there who have the correct fonts to do proper Lithgow, BSA or Enfield markings. If anyone is trying to replicate historical markings, this is important.
    They also offer custom serial numbers so you can match your kit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.