Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: FAL Receiver Prints or Drawings

Feedback Score

I was not trying to offend. Just seeing what else if anything was out there. This is one of those bucket list builds I always wanted to do.
    I appreciate all the info that is shared.Sorry again if I offended anyone.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

not offended, hope you do this build right wish i could help with the cnc or milling machine
    I used a caliper on the stub and the overall measurements from those drawings
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

DT again

Feedback Score

I used the same horseshit prints ordered from the back pages of Shotgun News. Reversed engineered and look like they were drawn by a sixth grader. In the early 90s machined mine from certified heat treated 6 round 4340 barstock. Borrowed a friends SAR48 barreled receiver to fill in the blanks and used a Micro Hite, repo rubber and optical comparator for proper measurement. No stinkin investment castings or internet was available back then. Used a Mori Seiki CNC and a Bridgeport mill with fancy DRO and calculators to write the code. The boss let use the machines on weekends only between jobs but no access to progaming computers. Hobbed the barrel threads ( 16tpi all but Israeli 1.5mm) for correct barrel timing. Being a machinist is a no skilled job like working at McDonalds, just like a microwave, put it in the machine and remove when finished. The real artist are like the Chinese 80 years ago making Broomhandle pistols from railroad track with files, hammers and rocks. The German no skill made Broomhandes forged heat treated pistols are pure machine made junk compared to hand skilled crafted railroad track real steel Chinese Broomhandle pistols. Even made my own wood stocks but cheated and used machines to craft them. Just can't help myself, I confess in the garage a1974 Variable speed Bridgeport rebuild is almost complete. I'm not worthy.

Feedback Score

Karl T ,by chance do you have any more files? Thank you for what you allready gave not greedy just curious and wanting to start making chips

Feedback Score

I'm up to 1.9 GB of build information on the FAL. Too much to upload and also files types that aren't allowed. Much of it is web page saves of builds over on weapons guild, other pictures too.

if you'd like to mail me a SASE with a USB memory stick, I'll copy it and send it back. PM me for mail address.

Karl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.