Thread: FN FAL Trigger Job

Feedback Score

Default FN FAL Trigger Job

I built an Imbel with all the U.S. required parts. I checked my trigger weight and wasn't surprised to find it around 10 lbs. I search the "net" for a lighter FAL after market trigger. All I found was "Falcon Ind." has a spring set. I don't remember the price or weight reduction. I decided to try and make my own set of springs.
    I went to "True Value" hardware store with my trigger spring and found the closest match (size). The spring compression was half of the original one. (3 per pak for $1.85)
    I compared spring lengths and cut the new one two rounds longer. I then cut two rounds off my sear spring. I measured with my "Lyman's trigger scale" and reduced my pull by 4 lbs.
    It's that simple, If you want to try my way I suggest cutting your trigger/sear springs one round at a time. Test your pull and if needed cut "one round" again until your at the weight you feel safe with.
    I didn't do anything to my trigger or sear. No buffing, polishing, grinding or cutting. This is the same FAL in my thread " I'm in Guntech magazine"

The hardware store is "True Value Hardware" not "TruValue". It's like the old "Mom & Pop" stores. It's where you can buy just one piece or more at a time. Whitch reminds me, I need to look in my "Brownell's" catalog and get some specs. on some gunsmith extras. Pins, springs, and metal stock.

"Cry havoc and slip loose the dogs of war!"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I will vouch for this method, my friend did the same and it worked great. I then did the same on mine, expecting his was just a fluke and that it wouldnt work on mine but it did. Still running great with no problems after several hundred rounds. One of the easiest trigger jobs I ever did.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Same here, builted a GI off a enterprize receiver several years back.
    Don't remember where i brought the trigger,but after the spring job the trigger was,and still is 31/2 pounds. One of the most accurate rifles in my collection.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.