Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Century FAL 70% casting value ??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

there are some over at fal files. muttman

what's are over at Falfiles??

you mean pictures, the last pictures I saw were old and it was hard to tell if they were ffl receivers or true builds. I all honestly I stopped visiting that site due to the bullsh*t I went through by a loser assembler and regurgator of info who decided to deride my true build. I posted pic's there also, if there are new builds and there are, good luck to them! someone posted a 8mm FAL at weaponeer it looked like astandard 308 to me and he never backed up his build with a reply

if you mean true builders I would venture to say there are more true builders here, weaponeer, prexis homebuilder, roderus, IMHO FALFILES is assembler site, but thats my opinion.

I am not the first to build up a 70% fal receiver just the only one to post pic's of the start to finish process and to be the first to do it by hand with handtools and no milling machine ( unless a dremel is a milling machine)

In a vague way I believe you are taking shots at me by the questions or the way your asking the questions I could be wrong but future replies will tell the tale

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

sprat,
    I did not try to call you out on this one. I just ment that there are other ideas out there, i.e. using the rivet hole for the charging handel that you posted here. I'm trying to use my fal reciver stub to make a x39 fal (have stub, rpk barrel, bolt and bolt carrier).your charging handel idea solves a lot of problem that I do not have the time for at this point in time. yes falfiles gives the how to build a fal, not make one. I like making guns and the ferther down this rode I go the more I have found the more I do not know. there is more than one way to skin a cat and if we can not shair ideas then were is the fun? muttman

Feedback Score

Ambitious project.

-Scott

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default 7.62x39mm project

Muttman

I have a 8mm kurtz 7.92 x 33mm barrel made for the fal, its seems to work except for the mag. I am thinking of converting a Ruger 14 7.62 mag. I have not shot it yet, the case base is the same as is the 7.62x39mm

yep I thought I would remove the rivet for the rat tail and tap the hole and use a old nail punch as its checked and about the size that needs to be threaded

"Ambitious project"
    Scott this is why we are builders and not assemblers

sprat

Feedback Score

sprat
    8mm kurtz, I thought that was not off the shelf ammo. reload yes but to high $$ for me, thats the reason for the x39 conversion for me.
    I was thinking of using a 12 - 24 socket head with a sleve/knob (crappy copy of a sten) that would require a slot in the cover. with a slot for the handel and the eject port all on the same side that would make it too week and I was hopping to keep the handel on the Rt. side, I may rethink the cover issue. muttman

SHARPSSHOOTER5090 SHARPSSHOOTER5090's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have built 2 FALs on Centry casting but with the use of a milling machine and lathe. Not that hard if you have the machine tools but doing it by hand is to be commended. My hats off to you Sprat.

SS

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default charging handle

Thanks Sharpshooter we need more guys like you on this site

Muttman

yes I also plan on putting the handle on the right side, for the cover I may use a aftermarket top cover they attach on the outside of the reciever and are thicker/sturdier

I have a couple hundred rounds of east german kurtz and I reload, but yes 7.62x39mm is probably the best

sprat

Feedback Score

sprat,
    I have one AL. cover (tapco) that I can copy I think I'll just over size it on the out side. now I just need to make a jig to reweld the slot in the reciver. things are looking good. muttman

Feedback Score

Anyone interested in selling a FAL casting/forging? I have a milling machine with a DRO and all the tooling needed, but I can't really afford to buy a complete $300+ receiver. I've been trying to find a casting for quite a while now. I'm in the process of milling an ar15 lower now, an ar15 upper is next, and a 1911 frame and slide are after that. And a friend is milling us some VZ-58 receivers from billet. I'd love to be able to get a FAL, G3 or AR-10 put together before a AWB passes, but being really low on $$ is really screwing me over.

Feedback Score

philip,
    keep an eye out over at the falfiled there was one the other day I think or keep looking on GB. best of luck.
    p.s. do you have a print? muttman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.