Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FAL carbine finished

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Max - looks great! Almost makes me want to get another FAL (only thing stopping me from trying to aquire another is the price of Ammo).

Looks like Moses did some nice work on the barrel. I had mine shortened by Rich at CGW. The century FCG's work great if they are polished/cleaned up some.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

nice looking rifle.

i had moses do 4 fal barrels for me 2=18" and 2= 16". all were done perfect.

Feedback Score

Thats a nice looking FAL. I'd love to be able to get one of those before the impending AWB =(

Feedback Score

Very nice!

Yo, what up my Ninja! gmanindahood's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Just saw this today and also wanted to say "nice work" to you Max. Very nice looking rifle. I am seriously thinking about purchasing a kit but am worried that I don't have the skills to build one (nicely), not to mention the funds for all of the tooling needed (not even sure yet of what tools I will need). Like most, funds are pretty tight! However I want one so bad that I was thinking of offering up my retro AR build in trade (and I LOVE my AR!). WHY, WHY, WHY do I have to have firearms as my hobby?!?! My neighbor collects neon beer signs and his wife collects wind chimes, maybe I can get into one of those hobbies...
    It takes a nation of millions to hold us all back!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

If you can build an AK you can build a FAL.
    Tooling isnt that expensive, Ive got less than $100 in my tooling, but my barrel vise and receiver wrench are 2nd hand, but they kit dont care.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gmanindahood View Post
    Just saw this today and also wanted to say "nice work" to you Max. Very nice looking rifle. I am seriously thinking about purchasing a kit but am worried that I don't have the skills to build one (nicely), not to mention the funds for all of the tooling needed (not even sure yet of what tools I will need). Like most, funds are pretty tight! However I want one so bad that I was thinking of offering up my retro AR build in trade (and I LOVE my AR!). WHY, WHY, WHY do I have to have firearms as my hobby?!?! My neighbor collects neon beer signs and his wife collects wind chimes, maybe I can get into one of those hobbies...

Neon signs? WIND CHIMES? Open up your windows and get out of your house. You must have a gas leak because you're not making sence. The hardest part of a fal build is installing the barrel. If you have a file,hacksaw and a drill press you can make your own receiver wrench and barrel vise. As far as headspacing you will need a set of headspace guages. I lucked out and got a locking shoulder that was too tight. I cut a diamond hone the same width as the bolt lockup relief cut in the locking shoulder and mounted it to a small board. Then honed the locking shoulder until it it would just close on the go guage. They're slightly harder than an M1 build, but not as hard as an AK build.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    Neon signs? WIND CHIMES? Open up your windows and get out of your house. You must have a gas leak because you're not making sence. The hardest part of a fal build is installing the barrel. If you have a file,hacksaw and a drill press you can make your own receiver wrench and barrel vise. As far as headspacing you will need a set of headspace guages. I lucked out and got a locking shoulder that was too tight. I cut a diamond hone the same width as the bolt lockup relief cut in the locking shoulder and mounted it to a small board. Then honed the locking shoulder until it it would just close on the go guage. They're slightly harder than an M1 build, but not as hard as an AK build.
    It's either a gas leak or the pain pills that has me making no sense! Thanks for the info on the FAL. Did you bend your receiver from a flat or was it a completed one? Is there welding involved, and if so to what degree?

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

AHHHH! vicodine, makes you goofy and you don't even realize it. I was on it for about a year and a half before my back surgery. The fal receiver is a forging or a casting. I used a 100% receiver from imbel for my imbel kit. No welding, just screw in the barrel and headspace. Some have had timing issues but that can also be fixed with either a shim or removing some of the barrel shoulder. They sure are sweet guns and I miss mine. I sold it when I was first off of work with the back injury.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    AHHHH! vicodine, makes you goofy and you don't even realize it. I was on it for about a year and a half before my back surgery. The fal receiver is a forging or a casting. I used a 100% receiver from imbel for my imbel kit. No welding, just screw in the barrel and headspace. Some have had timing issues but that can also be fixed with either a shim or removing some of the barrel shoulder. They sure are sweet guns and I miss mine. I sold it when I was first off of work with the back injury.
    Vicodin, hah! That's for amateurs! Oxycontin is what they are feeding me. I actually hate taking the stuff but some times the pain from the nerve damage is so unbareable that I would do almost anything to ease it up. The stuff works when taken as prescribed. How is your back feeling now? Good I hope. I hope the day comes when I am free of this pain, or at least most of it. Back to the FAL, I know they come in standard and metric. What, in your opinion, is the better of the two and why? and are parts harder to get/more expensive for one type versus the other?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.