Thread: PICTURES OF G1 FAL'S

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Default PICTURES OF G1 FAL'S

HOW ABOUT SHOWING US YOUR BUILT G1 FAL'S AND TELLING ABOUT THEM.

this is one of the first three kits imported as samples by an importer. the rifle apears to have been an unfired cut up rifle. i have had the kit for almost 20 years and it was assembled in 2006 on an imbel receiver, it has not been refinished. it has 922r compliant parts. it still is packed in cosmolene and has not been fired.
    sorry about the darkness of the picture i will retake and post a better picture later.
    ron
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sgt ron; 03-22-2009 at 06:59 AM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What are the marking on the bolt and carrier do they have the Border guard proofs or not is it a matching numbers kit. I built one from all unissued parts no serial numbers and Border guard proofed Bolt carrier and firing pin.

Peace,
    Craig

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chefbeef View Post
    What are the marking on the bolt and carrier do they have the Border guard proofs or not is it a matching numbers kit. I built one from all unissued parts no serial numbers and Border guard proofed Bolt carrier and firing pin.

Peace,
    Craig
    i don't remember what the proof marks are, it is all matching #'s. i will try to find it and look. i will try to get some better pictures of it.

Feedback Score

I remember back in the 1980's there were hard chromed FAL trigger parts sold as West German Border Guard triggers. I think these might have been prototype parts that were once offered by FN. I have some prototype metric magazines made in 1953 (1954?) that have chrome followers. FN got stuck with a lot of parts during the upgrades. The Israeli FAL's were based on left over T-48 parts. The early semi auto type 1 rifles were built by FN with left over G-1 parts. I saw a lot of select fire G-1's in Africa that were well used. I don't know if the hard chromed trigger parts were really "West German Border Guard" parts. The same companies were also selling unissued Belgian bolts and firing pins.

The early plastics and fiberglass weren't up to the heat and stresses of firearms and metal handguards and wooden buttstocks used. The early wooden handguards would work alright for semi auto but couldn't take the heat of full auto in the FAL's. Since Israeli FAL's were based on the T-48's Israel developed their own metal handguards. West Germany was the first ones to request the lower sights and they became an option and later standard on metric FAL's. Argentina used FAL's before that time and used the tall sights. Israel found the open front sight ears easily damaged and designed their own heavy duty tall sight ears.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.