Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FAL Para conversion

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default FAL Para conversion

Anyone know if you could swap any metric upper with any metric lower? Im not sure what Imbel is but would an imbel upper swap with the dsa lower/para stock?

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The Imbel is an excellent quality receiver. I had no issues when building an Imbel kit on an Imbel receiver. The para version of the Fal uses a different recoil system and top cover. The receiver is also cut slightly different to allow the use of the para top cover that contains the recoil spring. DSA and others have a top cover out there that will allow you to put a para stock/lower on a standard upper. And yes you can put metric on metric, and even inch on metric and vise versa as long as you use a complete group. For example you can put a inch lower on a metric gun, but all the parts in the lower need to be inch. You can put an inch barrel on a metric gun, but all the gas system needs to be inch and vise versa.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

So Lets say I got this rifle:

And Wanted to go to a Para stock, I would need the $459 lower/para stock set from DSA and if I wanted a scope mount then the $108 picatinny dustcover.

whats a fair ballpark price on a rifle like this (imbel reciever)

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You need to make sure you address the recoil system and get the correct dust cover for a non-para cut upper. I'd check out gunbroker for a price to see what they're going for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks Moleman!!
    Im actually bidding on this one on GB I dont think I want to spend more than $1000 for a NON-Para 16' FAL

If I find a Imbel for cheap that has a >16" barrel I think I will have it cut down, and threaded for a flash suppressor.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

here ia photo of my para fal, it is built from an stg58 kit on a dsa receiver with the dsa para kit.
    the bbl was cut to 16" and rethreaded & crowned and has a short stg type fh instaled. the handguards are from a std bbl izzy fal.

the para kit comes with the lower & stock, 2 us parts, the bolt carrier, and top cover. you could possibly have them swap out the standard para cover with one for a scope mount. it also has the recoil spriong.

in my opinion the fal is the greatest rifle you can own, my next choice would be an m14 built with all gi parts. you can't beat a .308
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

here is my fal pistol, it is a handfull of .308!!!

here is a video of it: falpistol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Falcon Arms carries the "complete" Para conversion parts. All US parts too

Either the DSA or Falcon should swap out with the lower. As already stated the Para carrier is required since the springs are different.

Now, the Para has a "nose" it is called on the front of the top cover. This "nose" works with the Para spring retainer to help you keep everything together when re-assembling to avoid the spring from flying everywhere.

The railed top cover does NOT have this nose. It slightly changes the way you re-assemble everything back together again. Just keep it in mind
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56 View Post
    1. the bbl was cut to 16" and rethreaded & crowned and has a short stg type fh instaled.
    2. the handguards are from a std bbl izzy fal.
    1. Did you do that work, yourself?

2. Why the Izzy handguards? I figure personal preference, but 'why'? They ventilate better than say .. inch wooden handguards?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    1. Did you do that work, yourself?

2. Why the Izzy handguards? I figure personal preference, but 'why'? They ventilate better than say .. inch wooden handguards?
    yes, it did all the work my self, I am an 07 / sot and build guns.

I used the izzy hg to add some wood to it for looks and the hanguards are also bigger and nicer to hold than metal or plastic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.