Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Getting started on my receiver casting

Feedback Score

There is an additional cut in the receiver for the safety sear on select fire receivers. Semi auto receivers normally don't have this cut. Select fire ejector blocks and bolt carriers are allowed. Without the receiver cut, the safety sear won't fit the receiver, even with the military ejector block. The Century castings may be reject castings and this may explain the warped one. Also every one I've seen has the front magazine catch too low in the receiver.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by allesennogwat View Post
    . Select fire ejector blocks and bolt carriers are allowed. Without the receiver cut, the safety sear won't fit the receiver, even with the military ejector block.
    I neutered my bolt carriers twenty years ago when I machined my receivers from bar stock. At that time better safe that sorry and info was a heck of a lot harder to come by then.

Feedback Score

hc,
    up date's ? muttman

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

HC, pretty sure I have a spare ejector block in the parts bin, will look when I get a chance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

up-date

I offered to sell or rent or borrow my dies to cut the barrel & gas block threads to HC, he never replied, he probably got caught up with other projects. this has happened to me

Yes, the century castings for sale are warped, I compensated for that and as far as the mag release I installed it where it should be. There is a70% for sale at sturmgewher at the moment

and no I still have not heat treated my build, I am enjoying shooting 32acps with the adapter, even cheaper that I use wheel weight reloads

this is a tough build whether by hand or with a bridgeport, there are several lads over at weapons guild geting ready to to this build via bridgeport

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Hey sprat I have been heads-down with real work and haven't done anything else to the blank other than true up the sides. At the rate I'm going this will be a winter project or perhaps next year. So I'm not close to needing the dies but I'll have to ping you when I make more progress

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    Hey sprat I have been heads-down with real work and haven't done anything else to the blank other than true up the sides. At the rate I'm going this will be a winter project or perhaps next year. So I'm not close to needing the dies but I'll have to ping you when I make more progress

not a problem, I am stalled myself with work and little time to build right now, I am trying to finish what I start. I have a sig P-228 I build that just does not want to work the way I want. I have built 6 so far but this one is driving me crazy, I have done 3 alum frame and 3 steel frame. worst yet its got a mix of aftermarket and factory sig parts, all my builds are with factory sig parts

for you new guys you can't buy 80% sig frames anymore

on another note I just saw a build concept of using a demilled SKS receiver stub and barrel and mounting on a extra FAL lower using AK mags over on weapons guild

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Anyone seen any plans for a FAL on CNC lately?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.