Gunco Forums banner

The last of the ORF FAL Recivers

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  FloridaAKM 
#1 ·
Has anybody done a build on one of the ORF FAL type 3 metric receivers? They are no more due to the owners demise, but there was a boatload of kits from Chile several years ago, cheap, that these receivers seemed to fit well.
Chime in guys........

#6 ·
I built a Chilean FAL kit on one this last month & it works well without any problems that I can see. Now, range testing for all the final tweaking has not been done as I am in a shutdown phase of work which requires 12 hour days till we fininish. The price of the kit & receiver mandated me to do this as a first FAL build. The next FAL kit will be a higher $$$ kit which will require an Imbel receiver if it is metric, but I can't complain about the ORF receiver unless it is cosmetic which sandblasting removes & molycoat covers very well! If memory serves me, it was a $225.00 receiver as they were closing them out at the time!

#8 ·
I have used ORF's receivers(with good results) on several VZ-58's, the afore mentioned FAL & nothing else. They shipped me a vulcan receiver for a M95a build which I transfered out of my AO quickly as it was a disaster to try & do a build on a high quality kit. My Galil still sits out in the Conex container waiting for a good receiver to do the build on, as ORF had too many problems with theirs.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.