Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sling Thing info needed

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Sling Thing info needed

(aka a small plate thate goes between stock and lower reciever to add a sling attachment point; not unlike the AR ones)
    Apparently the maker of these has 'gone offline'. I have an idea to make a new type but am unsure what thickness the part should be.

Does anyone have one and could check the measurement for me ?
    Thx!
    "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
    - Thomas Alva Edison
    |> Military training/history DVDs: www.loose-cannon.com/military
    Latest eBook: Build Your Own AK: Vol. II

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Not sure there really worth the effort Rocster. I thought they'ed be the cats ass for my AR Bushmaster I hunt yotties with, but I really didn't like the single point sling that much and found it uncomfortable and not as handy as I thought it would be. It may work for you, as I've heard some people say they like them, but I didn't that much. Might be fine for some things like tactical assults, but really how often do we do that on a daily basis?? For my uses, not worth the expense IMO.
    I took mine off and gave it to one of my nephews so I can't get a measurement for you or I'd trace a templete of it and mail it off to you, I'm thinking it was about 1/16 or 1/8, with good steel they don't really need to be to thick to be able to hold a 10lb ,12lb rifle. And looks like it would be pretty damn easy to make your own, theres only one hole with a tab inside and a slot, pretty simple .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks for the fast reply TWA.
    I know what you mean about single point, I'm not sure it the solution for a heavy rifle like a FAL...however this adaptor can also be used with a standard sling too.

I think I have the profile for it worked out (from measuring a stock) I was just unsure on the material. 1/8" seems reasonable. Now to decide on the material, I can use Stainless 316, chrome moly 4130. Both are cheaper than hot rolled steel oddly.(this is via an online service).
    - Thomas Alva Edison

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I think Pookie had the blueprint on how to make one years ago.I made one with stainless but its still in my parts box.

I remember now.It was a AMD65 pistol grip reinforcement plate I made with a hole for a sling.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Great video! Thank you.
    I found the Echo 93 website too, might have to make some of those too!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Abra Kadabra!!! That was easy now , wasn't it Rocster. Lots of helpfull folks here.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

What kind of steel are those carbide tipped dewalt 12'' mitre saw blades?
    I have several toasted ones.
    Do you think it would up well as a sling mount.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Hmm..well some kind on inexpensive steel I would think, as they are relying on the carbide to do the cutting. I have heard of people making knife blanks cut out from old circular saw blades. (circular saw blades ?? ).

Actually though I was going to design the sling attchments via CAD and then have a waterjet place cut out a dozen or so (that is because making one costs the same as 10 total due to setup time, etc.)

If that comes out ok, maybe I could do AK sling attachments if people were interested. They would be flat plate ones that go under the pistol grip. The fun part is we could design it any way we like, i.e. custom sling width, Mash hook or HK hook type, or combo Or ...even ambidextrous or whatever. Any requests...??
    - Thomas Alva Edison

Feedback Score

If you still need the thickness I've got one of the original sling things...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Have you made any of your little sling gizzies yet? I have a piece of titainium that I could send you to try the metal out.
    Live and direct and in high defintion from the fun and sun capital of the upper midwest Minot North Dakota

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.