Thread: Guys that talk SH!T, and never back it up.

Feedback Score

Default Guys that talk SH!T, and never back it up.

I am one of those guys that talk a lot of trash. Like building bar stock receivers, rifle stocks and in general true trash. Thought I would back it up with this post.

ME back in the day ...91 35mm Photos with babies in the making Roughed out & semi finished..Have an aluminum test receiver for proving CNC programs some where?
    t45l.jpg
    My HB Israeli Creation
    gq33.jpg
    My walnut stock with original next to it
    un01.jpg
    Walnut hand guard done on lathe and BP with original
    vfnh.jpg
    Walnut pistol grip
    2w6z.jpg
    Flat top receiver made by yours truly ... note Stainless gas tube
    ef8k.JPG

Feedback Score

My L1A1 this was originaly on my bar stock receiver but moved to an Imbel. The original receiver is on a STG now

mqsv.jpg
    All photos are of my straight grain walny stocks with red brass fittings also machined by me.
    7iu.JPG

brmc.jpg

ls83.jpg
    Bought the SUIT Scope NIB for a whooping $250!
    d3st.jpg

Feedback Score

STG
    My other 4340 bar stock receiver.
    2k1y.jpg

cd70.jpg

Merry Christmas Yall!

Feedback Score

Nice stuff!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Very nice,,very nice indeed! Love FAL's.

Sadly now I don't have access to equipment sense I got hurt in 06 ,so I haven't really "built" anything in years it seems like. The marina I worked at for years had Everything, so it was no biggie to do what ever I wanted to do then. Even then I never really never took "in process" pics sense I'd never been on a gun forum before till about 2 years ago. So I didn't even have anyone to show the process to that would even know what to Hell I was talking about for the most part. So I never really documented what I'd built before. There wasn't a need to.

I did do a Springfield sporter this last year that I'd put pics up of here, but other than installing a barrel ,re bluing and jeweling the bolt, and some wood working, there wasn't really much of a "Build" to show other than the ,,,done gun! Mostly I've just done allot of smoothing out on whatever guns that I had bought lately,and not much else. But,,,,All my guns are pretty damn smooth now , and I've done just about all I can to them !!

Between crazy prices on kits , a lack of them, and the lack of access to tools lately, I'm pretty much at a standstill now. And at 63 I'm not even going to try to go out and spend tons of $$$ just to geared up to start building again,,,it would literally cost a small fortune now and it wouldn't it be cost effective to do so. Not working now,, that just not an option,,there's just not the funds to work with like there used to be.

I'm just glad at this point that I have a roof over my head, food on the table, and a nice collection already, and having the toys I already had,,, this forced retirement would be awful boring otherwise.
    Most of my efforts have been geared towards hot rods now days,,guns I have tons of,, hot rods,,only 3. So that's what I've been concentrating on more now. Rods are a blast!!! And one of my favorite hobbies, they ain't cheap either!!!!

I've already had or built just about every firearm known to man at this point anyways , so the passion to start building again really isn't there anymore, at least not for the costs that would be involved!
    So,,, that's kinda where I'm at,, at this point in time.

If I was a youngster it would be an entirely different story though! But I can't see trying to start all over again from scratch. Physical limitations play a big part in this too,,it takes me FOREVER TO DO ANYTHING NOW!!!!

Very aggravating sometimes,,indeed ,,,I kinda just go with the flow and do what I can now days.

Feedback Score

TWA, I luv Lucille. That boat tail is classic. I'll trade for a weekend my Fals....lol!
    Merry Christmas,
    Willie

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Hell Ya
    Ya ever get to Vt ,,just let me know and we'll hook up and go for a cruise in the 2 that are on the road, and we'll dust off some rounds too. Plenty to play with here.

I like Lucille very much too, she's defiantly something very unique and just plain ,,,old school cool,all hot rod-ed up.

Here's my other baby I've had sense new, an 83 I ordered in 82, with all the work done on it,,done by me, everything.

I have a 72 Ghia, that is in the wings waiting for restoration too. Not sure on that one yet though. Maybe a stock resto or possibly a full tube frame with a mid mounted small block and tons of other mods, I haven't decided which way to go on that one yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Awesome stuff Willie!! Thanks!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Well maybe I can finally contribute something here soon as far as building. If you hadn't seen my other post ,willie,, I've got a unissued PPs43 kit coming and need just a couple other parts to get to convert it to 9mm and I can ,,,ACTUALLY BUILD SOMETHING AGAIN!!!!! GEZZZZ,, it's been years. Other than that re-barrel and rebuild of that 03 Springfield back last summer, it's been a real long time. Mostly I just tweak and polish and just smooth stuff up for the most part nowadays.

Where I used to work before I got hurt said I could come down and use the equipment to do what I needed to on the 43,,Sweat!! Very Nice! BUT,,,,

I stopped in the other day and it doesn't look like any one has used anything correctly or cleaned up ,,Anything,, in the machine shop part sense 2006!!! What a mess,,,,more than likely take me 2 hours just to make a hole to get to stuff !! Those guys used to bug the Hell outa me by not picking up after themselves while I was shop foreman,, still the same crew and they haven't changed one damn bit,,,,

THERE STILL SLOBS!!!!!!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.