Thread: FAL/AR hybrid?? INPUT wanted...

Feedback Score

Default FAL/AR hybrid?? INPUT wanted...

OK guys, I have been kicking this idea around various forums for about a year now and havent ever got much feedback from it... I am going to buy the parts and try it eventually...

I want to use an AR-15 upper receiver assembly married to a FAL lower assembly w/a custom adaptor piece that also has the magwell with it. I propose to use the AR bolt carrier, shortened appropriately (if at all..) and modified w/a lug to mount a FAL type "rat-tail" to act on the FAL recoil spring.

The way I see it, I would use a .223 AK magazine along with an AK magrelease attached to an "adaptor" to mate the upper and lower together. I figure as long as the hammer hits the FP in the correct position and the magazine aligns w/the bolt, it shouldnt have any problems...

I would serial number the adaptor and it would become the firearm (I think?) since the upper and lower themselves would not be firearms when split apart.

I have used scale-pictures and blueprint drawings cut up and it really looks like it would work w/out a problem. There is no point behind this other than to make something unique from 2 non-guns....

THANKS

JP

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

If you can build it then go for it! I'm working on something very different from what we have seen utilizing the AK bolt and trunion assy. I'd like to talk more about it, but it will be a surprise

Feedback Score

Why not use an AR10 upper, keep the FAL mags, cut down the rear of the lower, weld on AR10 buffer tube? KISS! (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by I am the NRA!
    Why not use an AR10 upper, keep the FAL mags, cut down the rear of the lower, weld on AR10 buffer tube? KISS! (Keep It Simple Stupid)
    Use an AR10 upper and a sheet metal receiver and your own FCG parts of either AK ar AR and make a hybrid using the FAL mags?

Feedback Score

That sounds good....too bad AR-10 parts are super expensive... On that note, why dont we see demilled AR/M16 parts kits from places like Israel?? I mean surely there are some clapped out AR/M16s out there that could make good parts kits, no?? I want to see M16's demilled for $150 like you do for AKs....I could afford to build an AR then, LOL. When an upper costs what a whole AK does, theres no contest which Ill build...its all about those C-Notes ya know....

Thanks for the input...

Feedback Score

I dont understand why the BATF considers an AR upper not a firearm, but a FAL upper IS...weird??? I mean come on if you take an AR upper, remove the gas tube, load a round in and lock the bolt up, it WOULD fire by hitting the firing pin with something (rock/framing hammer/etc) doesnt this make the upper a self-contained firearm?? The logic baffles me....

Anyone got a CHEAP/USED upper for an AR? I dont care what length/twist/handguards or even if it has forward assist, I just want something to tinker with. My mom wont let me play with her SGW/Oly Arms AR we built when I was younger before the ban....

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

There were used M16 parts a few years ago except for the lower. There just isn't enough out there in use by other countries and Israel hasn't had many of theirs long enough.

Countries that I know use the 16.

USA
    Israel
    Mexico
    Canada
    Philipines

Maybe a couple of more, but stack that against the AK and FAL and it is a huge difference!

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.