Thread: Anyone built anything with one pf the surplus century 80% FAL receivers?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Default Anyone built anything with one pf the surplus century 80% FAL receivers?

Just wondering if anyone has built anything from the surplus FAL upper receivers Tapco was selling some time ago. I have a couple and would like to build some sort of FrankenFAL project. Any ideas. These were the receivers that didn't have the trunnion for the barrel reamed as well as no real maching done yet.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I wonder what size the un-tapped barrel hole is? Could a barrel be pressed in after the hole was made the right size and then pinned like and AK? Could open up some interesting possiblities.

Feedback Score

i heard the 80 % fal receivers are dangrous

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

These are the same receivers century used for their FAL builds. The hole is .830. It could be opened to at least 1" as this is what the FAL barrels are. I have a inch pattern kit laying around. I also know some people have built a .45 auto which uses M3 grease gun mags. Seems like lots of potential usues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Looks like they would be perfect for a pistol caliber build, the heat treat would not be as critical as it is on the .308 rifle. No lockup necessary, you could get by with just simple rail slots for the bolt/carrier.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.