Gunco Forums banner

Really want feedback on this Product!!!!

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Tailgunner 
#1 ·
Hello fellow builders and Citizens

I have been a lurker here for many moons now. Thank you one and all for your thoughts and wisdom. You have saved me from many an error!

Now I am emerging from the shadows to seek your combined knowledge and wisdom....

Have any of you seen or have any experiances with this product;
http://207.176.137.9/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=144&cat=AR15+Receivers

Go to the bottom of the page...

It's the AR Lower that is designed to take AK-47 MAGAZINES...

I am intrigued by this concept, in the same way that I am intrigued by Jessica Simpson....Lot's of wow, but who knows what the real quality is.

I have two issues that I would like addressed:

1. It is offered by JoeKen.com.

2. I can't figure out who makes it.

So, I don't have any issues with JoeKen.com. I have ordered parts from them, and while it took longer than normal, my order wasn't f'd up in any way. I have just read too many negative comments to feel good about this kind of purchase from them.

I am fairly anal about knowing all of the particulars regarding who and more importantly, how a receiver is made.

Any info or comments are very welcome and desired.

Thanks All!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
As a result of the way Joeken handled past buisiness enterprises here and on other boards. I could only say if you buy from them and get burned you will get no pitty here. I would highly suggest you do a search on this board and others to find what others past dealings have been with them. I have never purchased from them and will never due to the way they seem to have dealt with others. They are a buy at your own risk company.

It is early in the morning but if i am reading the side of the receiver correctly, it looks like it is a Vulcan made receiver. THe website for Vulcan is http://www.vulcanarmament.com/index.html. I would say if you HAVE to have this product. Go to them insted. Some people dont like Vulcan and some people do. I have no real dealings with them and every thing i have read about them is Old.

#4 ·
I've never seen one of these, but it is a Vulcan. Vulcan got a bad name when they made AK recievers that weren't hardened and the pivot pin holes started to elongate. I've been lucky with JoeKen, but I know of ALOT of people that haven't been. I've built on Vulcan recievers without any problems, but I know of ALOT of people that have had problems.
It would be a neat build, but it would always be a Vulcan. So it's your call. There may be some AR builders at arfcom that would know for sure.

#6 ·
There is another ar type receiver that will take ak mags. I think it is in the latest SGN. Let me check after I get a shower and I'll post what I find out. :)

#7 ·
ok, the ad is in the aug 20, 2006 shotgun news. The company name is MGI. They sell a lower receiver for AR's that has an interchangeable mag well. They make it with a magwell for ar, ak, and M14. That way the lower is modular for the caliber that you are using. Here is the website http://www.mgimilitary.com/Lower_Receiver_Mult_Mag_Wells.htm

It is pricey but looks to be nicely made. Hope this helps.

#8 ·
Thanks!!!

Yup,

Just what I thought I would hear, but it never hurts to get other points of view.

Sniper69, You are right, that is a cool lower at MGI. And yes, pricey!

But it is really cool. Thanks for the tip!

Time to sell some Mausers......

Thanks to all!!!

Bellson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.