Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: AR15 from a 0% forging!

Feedback Score

WooHooo... my forging has arrived, now im really starting to get ambitious. School and work has been keeping me pretty busy lately so im not quite sure when i will get started hopefully in the next week or two, i'm still looking for that upper receiver i will probably be going with the J&T ones.also got to get the lower fire controls, buffer tube etc. I will keep you all updated on the progress once i begin, even post up some pictures if i can figure out how.
    Tac-Wolf

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

yea i'd like to see lots of pics of this, I have been considering ordering one. I'm at college and there is a decent mill I have access to. It seems like a big project though. if I make one I want to put an OA-93 upper on it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have two blanks due to arrive on Thursday. I have no mill, thinking it might be a good excuse to buy a mini mill. Problaby will try one using the drill press/dremel/file process first.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

wow, I can't imagine doing this with my dremel, although the dremel is a mighty tool. I saw one post where the person marked the edge of the cuts in the magazine well with drill holes and then just milled out the inside. If I knew exactly where to place all the holes I think I could tackle this project pretty easily.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

well I ordered two forgings and downloaded the book. I figured its only like 12 bucks more with shipping. It looks like a ton of time, but nothing too difficult.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by pjm204
    wow, I can't imagine doing this with my dremel, although the dremel is a mighty tool. I saw one post where the person marked the edge of the cuts in the magazine well with drill holes and then just milled out the inside. If I knew exactly where to place all the holes I think I could tackle this project pretty easily.
    Take a look at the link I posted. I believe it's chapter nine that discusses the area for the mag well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

yea I read the entire book while in class yesterday, I'm sure whatever the professor was saying wasn't as important. It cleared up enough that I felt the urge to order a couple. hopefully they turn out okay

Feedback Score

wow thats great! I didn't realize that more people would be building at the same time, hopefully we will be able to help each other out even more if we need it. I just printed off the prints for milling out both the drivers side and passengers side plate from RAY-VIN i am going to see if i can find some 1/2'' aluminum tonight and start milling these out at work. wish me luck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My two forgings were sitting on the step when I came home today. Man they are cold chucks of metal, could not handle them for an hour!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

do you think its necessary to make the two plates? it doesn't look like you use them for too many operations? I hadn't even considered doing a 0% until I saw this thread. The only problem is I have to ordersome tooling for my school's mill. They only have some side cutters and endmills. And only in 1/2" sizing. I have low expectations of actually completing this, hopefully I suprised myself.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.