Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AR Retro Build

Yo, what up my Ninja! gmanindahood's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    for the uppers the i think the flatside was first [vietnam era] then they added the foward assest near the end of the war the barrel should be chrome the later one were mostly chrome lined i also have 2 evtra buttstocks 2 grips and 1 hand gaurd set they arent the shiny set but they are a1 that i might what to get rid of also i'll get them pics out to ya g-man
    If you do decide to get rid of the stocks, grips, or handguard let me know. I'm always looking to pick up an extra set if I can. Of course we need to get a set to jjglith first. jj, if you can't get them from the site that you listed and still want to try online go to Sarco. Some of the stuff doesn't have pics so you may need to call them about condition. I live about 1 1/2hrs. from Sarco and am actually planning a trip up there very soon. I'll check out the sets in person and if I like them I will get a complete set or two and send you pics. I'll sell them to you for exactly what I paid for them. If you want them, great. If not, like I said, I'm always looking for an extra set.
    It takes a nation of millions to hold us all back!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gmanindahood
    If you do decide to get rid of the stocks, grips, or handguard let me know. I'm always looking to pick up an extra set if I can. Of course we need to get a set to jjglith first. jj, if you can't get them from the site that you listed and still want to try online go to Sarco. Some of the stuff doesn't have pics so you may need to call them about condition. I live about 1 1/2hrs. from Sarco and am actually planning a trip up there very soon. I'll check out the sets in person and if I like them I will get a complete set or two and send you pics. I'll sell them to you for exactly what I paid for them. If you want them, great. If not, like I said, I'm always looking for an extra set.
    Thanks....I'll take you up on that offer...

I'm finding AR's are as addicting as AK's....I'm spending way to much time on ARFCOM lately searching and reading.

Harland at DCI is supposed to be working on a SP-1 receiver and I've been waiting to see when its ready for production...I'll definitely be getting 1 or 2 or 3....
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”
    Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

You've got it. I'll be hitting Sarco either this week or next. I've been spending alot of time on that site also. I got all of the upper parts, barrel, handguard, FSB, flash hider, bolt, carrier, and lower receiver from that site. The Colt mag and pistol grip are from a show (I also have period correct take down pins from a show), the buttstock is from Cheaper Than Dirt (also have a complete set from Northridge), and the lower parts kit is DPMS that I bought from my FFL. The fun part is definitely hunting for the parts. I've also been upgrading my Bushmaster with parts from various sources:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

gman i sent you the pics let me know if you need any more as for the stocks i am thinking about getting rid of them [don't need them] but not 100% yet on it but i'll let you know if i do

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jjglith
    Harland at DCI is supposed to be working on a SP-1 receiver and I've been waiting to see when its ready for production...I'll definitely be getting 1 or 2 or 3....
    Just to clarify, it is Harlan and Mike at NoDak Spud LLC (NDS) that are making the A1 and other retro M16 type lower receivers. DCI is not involved.

Thanks.
    Harlan
    NoDak Spud LLC
    www.nodakspud.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

And they can't be made soon enough!!!
    Thanks Harlan & Mike!
    -gman

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gmanindahood
    If anyone else has any retro AR builds please post pics.
    Here ya go, Gman...My XM177E2-gery:

It's a Del-Ton 16" lightweight rifle kit built on a Tactics A1 full fence lower. Del-Ton is one of the only places I found that offered an A1 upper (although it has a case deflector). The moderator is one of those reverse flash hiders which goes over the barrel. The Tactics lower was a nice Colt gray, but I wanted it to match the upper, so I finished it in GunKote matte black. I was considering grinding off the bayo lug to make it more accurate, but I think I've given up on that idea. I'd love to add a correct aluminum stock, too, but a body (only) just went on arfcom for $150! I don't need one that badly.
    "This episode sent the message that we'll fight them on the beaches, we'll fight them on the hills, but if they kill a few of our soldiers we'll give up and go away." - Mark Bowden (on the Battle of Mogadishu)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Very Nice Bones! I also love the way that you set up the photo with all of the accessories. Are you eventually going to find the "deflectorless" upper? These retros are fun to build. The thrill is in the hunt for the parts. Are you planning anymore retro builds? Keep up the good work. --gman.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Cool...you could have call the thread, "This IS you daddy's M-16"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thumbs up

Best I tell this is a colt upper m16a1. Lower is a stag.

1st AR build - easy compared to an AK
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.