Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 0% DSA lower/mill question

Feedback Score

Default 0% DSA lower/mill question

This is my first post and I pray I am not missing something. I have searched repeatedly for any info on whether the HF Micro Mini Mill would be capable of accomplishing this or not. I have an opportunity to get a Micro Mini Mill from a guy who owes me $200. I have one of the 0% lowers on the way and I was debating doing it the "Dremel and File" way but since this came up I am not sure. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Feedback Score

Sorry, I read the DPH in the corner and it just went down instead of DSA.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

C t,
    There was a thread that was on a 0% lower. I would pm 762x39 (our administrator) AKA Max and ask him to resurect the thread or give you the link

oh, by the way welcome to gunco

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I believe this is the thread on AR15 0%

AR15 from a 0% forging!

Feedback Score

Thank you both for the replies. I thought I had an answer but it wasn't there. I pm'ed the guy who'd asked essentially the same question to see if he'd gotten an answer. I keep entering different combo's in the search field, so we'll see. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

c trainum, I have a mill a couple of steps up from the micro mill, I don't think (only opinion) you could do all the operations, but it would be MUCH better than dremeling. If you could get it for 200 I would do it especially if you were going to do other projects. You will find more and more projects after you get one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The hf mill does not have enough travel to do all the machining of a lower - I would also be hesitant to mill out the mag well with such a lower hp machine.

I would save a little and look for gov. surplus and equipment auctions - I picked up my 54" mill at a navy auction for $650. You can see the lower I milled with it in the 0% lower build thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yes you can do it with the $450 model... the MINI-mill. Don't know about the smaller one, aka the MICRO mill.

Way back when, an entire thread was stickied on the homegunsmith.com forum, but I haven't looked for it in quite some time. You need the correct cutting tools for the proper radius cuts, and you'll need a threading tool for the buffer tube.
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yea, save up yer dough. I have about $800 or $900 in my mill. I waited 'till the right one came along and now I'm pretty much set. 4 axis DRO full size bridgeport mill. Lots o tools and whatnot, ebay rules if yer patient.
    It may be just me but, I hate cheap tools. They always seem to give up when you need them the most. I buy my beer with what I do with my tools so I'm kinda picky. Oh, and I feed the wife and kids too with that money.
    member # 575

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I also preffer older well made tools, I got this nice little Atlas horizontal mill for $300.00 & I dare say it's a lot more heavy iron than the Chinese mini micro mill:

I see these quite often on Ebay.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.