Thread: CCA stock issues

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default CCA stock issues

I purchased a CAA 6 position stock without their buffer tube thinking it would work on the one I have. Well, I was wrong. In fact it doesn't work on any of the 3 that I have. Once its on it is hell to get off. I figure I would just go to their site and buy the buffer tube and be done with it only to see that they don't sell just the tube. So I want to know has anyone else faced this issue with CAA stocks? I may have a non-working stock for sale in the future if anyone is interested

Self-Proclaimed Armorer bloodsport2885's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Who made the rifles and specifically the extensions. you have the "mil-spec" and "commercial" sized tubes. Commercial AR makers like bushmaster and RRA found a cheaper way to make the tubes, which produces a larger diameter. Colt and several other aftermarket makers (vltor, magpul, etc) produce mil-spec buffer tubes, but it would be easier to exchange the stock for one that fits your tube type.

Edit to add you might have to ditch the CAA stock for other options depending on who made the buffer extensions for your rifles.

Sorry another edit. It sounds like your putting a commercial unit on a mil-spec receiver extension so if I were you I would ditch the CAA unit and get a vltor or magpul for about the same price. I put vltor on my M4 carbine and havnt looked back. It locks up nice and tight, no wobble, and plenty of storage for batteries or other toys. Im actually thinking about getting a magpul CTR as it has a friction lock that makes it as sturdy feeling as an A2.
    Hold Mah Beer and watch this sh*t.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

A friend of mine had the same problem with a Magpul. Evidently there is a commercial diameter and a mil-spec diameter. The two won't interchange.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I got it as a kit from Model1Sales and I have just been using the standard stock and supplied buffer tube until I recently got the CAA stock. Im guessing then this is a commercial buffer tube and I need a mil-spec ??

I will give them a call and ask them if they are comm. or mil-spec diameter tubes.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

GDP, did you get this worked out. I shot my new Magpul ( commercial tube) today, I like it alot.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.