Gunco Forums banner

AR45 Tommy Gun

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  10MMGary 
#1 ·
Just finished my latest creation, an AR45 in ?Tommy Gun? configuration.

I started off with a 10% CNC Guns AR45 lower receiver finished out by Khalan Weaponry. Single digit serial number 00x! The Upper is a VM left side charge handle 9mm receiver a
vailable from Spike's tactical and modified by Tango Chaser tactical for an Olympic Bolt & Ejector in .45 caliber. The ?Finned Barrel? is a standard 16? Thompson barrel modified by Kurts Kustom Firearms with a Olympic style barrel extension. The fore grip & pistol grip are standard wood furniture for the Thompson, the pistol grip was heavily modified to fit the AR45 receiver. Muzzle brake is for a 9mm high point carbine; both brake and barrel were modified by Alien Arms to thread together. Alien Arms custom machined the fore grip adapter ring secured on the barrel nut. This allows the use of the stock cantilevered mount for the Thompson fore grip. The butt stock is available at Brownell?s as a retro replacement for the AR15 plastic stock. Magazines are stock 30 Rd M3 grease gun mags & sighting system is the short version of the Eotech.

Since I?ve built it, I?ve taken it to the range several times. The typical reaction is ?What is it ? followed by ?Can I shoot it & I want one!? With the 16? barrel it is extremely accurate and with minimal recoil , a pleasure to shoot. I normally shoot a 12? gong with my AR15 .223 at 65 yards, so I?m used to the time from shooting until the bullet hits the gong. With the AR45 and sub sonic round, it?s almost disturbing how much longer it takes to hit the gong , you almost feel like you could squeeze a second shot off before the first hits. 3000fps vs 900fps..

I love the retro Tommy Gun look and enjoyed building something different. My next AR45 project is going to be something like a combination of an AR45 and a DeLisle Commando Carbine.

K2unit
Alien

See less See more
#3 ·
thanks now I gotta figure out if I want the ak74 and 4000 rounds of ammo or an AR45

#6 ·
I read the post entirely before scrolling down to see the photos. I had a visual in my minds eye that was ugly ugly ugly. So to say I was surprised is an major understatement. I really really like that that gun. Great job and what a concept. Did you try or do you know if a drum magazine could be adapted to work? In any case nice work Allen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.