Thread: Blackthorne products????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default Blackthorne products????

I have been looking at the AR varmit kit advertised in SG for $449.00. anyone have any experiance with this company??? pretty low price I wonder about the barrel quality?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I bought an M4 kit, the upper came assembled. I put it on my DPMS lower and the first test firing, it did a multishot runaway--freaked me out.
    Tried my oly upper on the dpms, worked fine, then tried the blackthorne on my oly and had the same runaway effect.

Contacted them and shipped it in for replacement--the CS was good and even though it was beyond the "inspection" period (i did a function check and it was fine, but took a while to get to the range) they traded it and sent me a new one (but I was out return shipping).

The next one worked fine on the dpms but wouldn't fit on the oly...now I know olys are their own spec (putting it politely), or at least the one I have is. Anyhow, it worked fine after that but I ended up selling the whole rig. Wasn't thrilled with the product, but I'd give their CS dept a thumbs up. I might give them another chance on AR stuff, but for sure would on the other stuff (the AK kits I got were nice).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

be aware that they were once Hesse/Vulcan.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

See if Coleman Tyler.com offers what you're looking for. Great service and their prices are good on most DPMS products. Whenever you order a new bolt carrier you need to disasemble and clean the packed grease out of it prior to firing. That could have caused the run away, hard to tell. I found that out when all I could get was a CLICK. Upon inspection, I found so much grease that the pin couldn't move all the way forward.

Tampa FL area, and have a mini ranch/camp/farm in southern Highlands county FL
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamndmnt View Post
    be aware that they were once Hesse/Vulcan.

Exactly!
    Going on my experience and what many many others have experenced I have to say run run run in the opposite direction.
    You'll never hear a person on their death bed wishing that they hadn't had so much fun living their life.

Feedback Score

WE used them for my friends build and i used a a2 kit from sherluk for my dads build on a Gunsmoke enterprises match lower it fit it perfect and fires flawlessly the one that had blackthorne kit was a a2 also and a doublestar lower it went together okwas a little tough getting rear pin to go thru lower but it fires fine and at 389 for a a2 kit isn't bad. he just wishes he would have gotten the a3 flat top like i told him to.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs down

I would never buy anything from them again, absolute A-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I have been looking at the AR varmit kit advertised in SG for $449.00. anyone have any experiance with this company??? pretty low price I wonder about the barrel quality?

Feedback Score

Run like hell.

They're here in MN. It's a rebadged Hesse. WAAAAAY out of spec parts! Worse than garbage...

Don't bother with any of it!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Gee I have two of their rifles, kits I assembled, on DPMS recievers...not a single issue with either of them..

I will add I have AR rifles from every major manufacturer...and these cheapo's function, fit and finish was right in there...not bad for the price imho.

Course I also have a Hesse recievered FAL...shoots flawlessly...

Thats just life I guess, either way they were easy to deal with and I am pretty happy with them, I know I will be ordering from them again.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mandaree36 View Post
    Gee I have two of their rifles, kits I assembled, on DPMS recievers...not a single issue with either of them..

I will add I have AR rifles from every major manufacturer...and these cheapo's function, fit and finish was right in there...not bad for the price imho.

Course I also have a Hesse recievered FAL...shoots flawlessly...

Thats just life I guess, either way they were easy to deal with and I am pretty happy with them, I know I will be ordering from them again.
    You know, I hear the same all the time that they are bad. I have a Heese AR and a Valcun 50. The 50 cal shooters club band that 50. I have had over 100 rounds through it with no problems. The AR shoots just fine, plastic lower but still shoots good.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.