Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: who has built an ar a reciever forging

Feedback Score

Hey guys. Millling a lower is a reasonable amount of work. I programmed and built the lower that A-Rok posted earlier and am pleased with the results. Manually finishing a rough lower is quite a task. Not so much for someone with unlimited access to milling machines and components thereof but still involved. I decided to go billet 6160 for my lower and found that three weeks of programming toolpaths payed off. However, don't be discouraged for machining lowers. Time and patient calculation make all the difference when setting up a machine to pump out some accuracy for you, which ultimately translates to safety for us all in this deal!

Feedback Score

hey. You should expect to need a variety of specific tools, such as reamers, taps, drill bits, and specific diameter end mills. If you can provide the required tooling, you should not have problem machining a lower receiver so long as you follow required instruction regarding the machining process. Beware that you will be spending money on taps and mill components.......With the exception that the buffer end cannot be thread milled and you do not have access to any cnc equipment etc. Certainly do-able by any means, so dont be discouraged. Many have finished lowers via casting so give it a try. Castings are cheap! At least the ones I bought were.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.