Gunco Forums banner

current source for 80% lowers?

6K views 44 replies 25 participants last post by  Gunco 
#1 ·
Hello all-

Anyone know of any good souces for 80% lowers? Kevin seems to be out for about another month or so. Does anyone have any experience with AR-15plus forged ones?

#30 ·
ar-15 80%

KT is out of the reciever business if you did business with him 3 years ago you would know that

William at tannery stopped selling ar-15 cast lowers many many months ago and it was all old stck

DSA only sells 0% forged receivers, to my knowledge but maybe they decided to start selling them???? I made a functional receiver from one of there 0% forged paperweights with a drill press and hand tools (see at Roderus) I used a real 80% from tannery as a guide, easy if you are a builder, I should say a real builder

CNC is out of 80% I just bought one of the last last month, he will not have more till the late spring

ar-15 has been out for some time but they have 45 automatic frames get them while you can

I have one on back order with a company in Florida called swat it will not arrive until the first of march

he who hesitates

they are gone start buying what you can get in the way of 80% for trade in the future, also kits have gone up most ar-15 kit companies are behind a month or two in back orders

sprat

#33 ·
Hi Sprat, I see you mentioned Roderus, are they still in business? I have tried everything I can think of to get hold of them but no answer on emails or phone. The forums are still active but I can't post there either :-( any info you can get me will be appreciated.

Thanks, Ron Smith II

#40 · (Edited)
Hey guys.... I've got them. I pick some up on this coming Tuesday (April 8). These are not your run of the mill forgings. Billet parts, cut from a block of 7075 T6. These are legal according to BATFE letter to me March 20th.

I will also have a dedicated 9mm Colt or Rock River Arms style coming out around 4/17/2009. Same for an Olympic Arms Sten mag model. Small batch... first come first served.

Check it out:
AR-15 Style 80% Completed Lower Receiver at YellowLogic

email me for more info on material and I'd appreciate input on features wanted

#42 ·
They look real nice and 80% are hard to find currently.

This is an INSANE amount for an 80%, they have always been higher than the 100% for people who want something special in a lower.

I have bought some 80% in the past and one vendor would also give you a discount on a replacement with the one you screwed up as a return.

I wish you luck selling them, I think the type of people that will pay that price are not people I want to meet in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.