Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: are $400 kits still out there?

Feedback Score

I keep calling M1S and it's always busy. They must be to busy and took the phone off the hook,its ALWAYS busy.
    I have the cash and want to buy a kit from them and cant. I dont want to buy from BLackthorne. Does anyone know who has kits in stock???

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beohexeares View Post
    I keep calling M1S and it's always busy. They must be to busy and took the phone off the hook,its ALWAYS busy.
    I have the cash and want to buy a kit from them and cant. I dont want to buy from BLackthorne. Does anyone know who has kits in stock???
    Yes, they are always busy and they are 10 weeks behind on shipping!

Mark

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

a friend has a model 1 kit we put around 1500 rds thur it and the bolt broke in two , right where the pin is , any body know if they warranty there parts ? damm thing tried to feed a round and everything got jammed-up a real pain in the ass to separate the two / lower and upper

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beohexeares View Post

Just ordered from blackthorneproducts.com in early November. Still have not gotten the kit. They have a message on their home page that warns about a 60 day wait due to bolt carriers.

The price is right, at $399 for an M4 -A3 kit. I have built two of their kits, and they are fine, no better or worse than anybody else out there.

Given the current environment, you are not going to see anything until Feb.

Sorry!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    Given the current environment, you are not going to see anything until Feb.

Sorry!
    I am not even waiting on a bolt, I ordered a simple pistol upper.

Mark

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thayerp81 View Post
    It's been about two and a half years since I last built an AR and I just did some looking for kits and have noticed that they have gone up a bunch. Is anyone still selling any new kits for under $400?
    The last gun show I went to (Feb 14), the dealers were trying to sell BCG's for $250! I think after the panic buying public gets all their orders filled in the next 6-12 months, prices will come down to more reasonable amounts.

Feedback Score

I figure that as long as I have the upper and lower shells, I can wait until I find parts available and priced "normaly" So far the longest I have had to wait is a month for Model 1 to send some upper bits (FA, EPC) and 2 months for a MEGA Upper and Lower. Everything else has been within a week or two, including a complete EA lower kit and lower receiver. Just shop around, most places are busting A$$ to keep us happy and in parts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Essential Arms has the BCG from $120. Usually less than 3 weeks to deliver. They are hard to get on the phone, but when you do, they will take your order right then and there, and will charge your CC when it's ships. I ordered an aluminum stock from them, and 3 days later it arrived! This was less than 2 weeks ago.

I agree, lots of panic buying, but I see that tapering off a tad now. Not as nuts as it was in Dec/Jan. Still not back to normal.

Jim

Feedback Score

Another vote here for Model 1 Sales. I have a CAR upper with a few K rounds through it without a hiccup, even shot some of the infamous Wolf through it!

On the down side, it was more than $400.

Stay Safe,
    AGreyMan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.