Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 17 HMR 3/4 scale ar15

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Default 17 HMR 3/4 scale ar15

I wanted to do something special for my sons birthday, so I was thinking he already has some guns but what about a .22lr 3/4 scale ar15 (sp01). Then after shooting a friends 17HMR I was hooked. So here is the upper receiver almost finished (17hmr) and the .22 lr lower. I will cut a new lower and send it out for engraving. Here it is with its big cousin, an ar10 I milled

Of course there is still a lot of work to do on the upper (thread for barrel nut, final contour, ejection door and smoothing the contour of the rear(will be done after lower is cut)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I don't know what to say other then......WOW

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Indeed, WOW
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

WOW!!!!!! IS A UNDERSTATMENT.

I KNOW OF A COUPLE GUYS WHO WOULD BE VERY INERESTED IN BUYING ONE. I RELIZE YOU CANT SELL HOME MADE RECIVERS BUT MAN WOULD THESE BE SOUGHT AFTER. ANY CHANCE OF A FULL SIZE UPPER OR CONVERSION PARTS OR PLANS FOR A 17 hmr. ARE YOU HAND MILLING ALL THIS OR IS IT OFF A PROGRAM? THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF CHOICES IN A SEMI AUTO 17 HMR IF YOU COULD MAKE FULL SIZE UPPERS THEY WOULD SELL! AGAIN WOW.

Feedback Score

More more more!!!!
    pics, drawings, anything.. this is awesome.....

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Guys this is done off a chinese harbour freight mill/drill, no CNC, took about 8 hours to this point.
    I bored a .750 hole through the block of aluminum and then inserted a .750 steel rod. Drilled and tapped 2 screws to lock it tight. Put it in a dividing head I picked up used for $15. then just cut away everything that wasn't 3/4 scale. want to cut him a sp01 slick sided receiver. unfortunately i changed caliber after making the lower. (22lr) and went with the 17hmr. now I have to sell off the nowhere near 80% lower for 22lr or make another upper in 22.
    It will be several months before I finish, lots of irons in the fire+hunting season+military commitment+family and work.

The bolt will be very similar on the front end to a ruger mkII/2245, the back end will be like an ar. To get the bolt weight I will have to go with a tube/extension just like the real deal. I will make some fiber glass triangular hand guards and butt stock for it too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I GOTTA HAVE ONE OF THESE MAKE MINE A FLAT TOP WITH MILLED IN RAILS

WHAT MAGS ARE YOU USEING?? THE GUY WHO TAKES ME PRAIRE DOG HUNTING REALLY WANTS A 17HMR AUTO LOADER.

I REALLY LIKE HOW YOU DID THE SET UP IN THE MILL. IT GIVES ME SOME IDEAS ON HOW TO BUILD SOME OTHER PARTS. I HAVE GOOD EQUIPMENT BUT REALLY DONT KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY RUN IT. I NEED TO TAKE A CLASS OR SOME THING.

DID YOU SEE WERE THE kERNEL MENTIONED THAT THE AMT 22 MAG PISTOL HAS GROVES IN THE CHAMBER TO HELP LOCK THE CASE IN UNTILL THE PRESSRE DROPED. THAT WAY THEY COULD USE A LIGHTER BOLT. I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THAT ALL DAY FOR USE IN A BLOW BACK BUILD.

now I have to sell off the nowhere near 80% lower for 22lr or make another upper in 22.
    BUILD IT UP 22 LR IS SO MUCH CHEAPER TO SHOOT. YOU COULD ALWAYS DO A
    17 HMR 2 ON IT AS WELL.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

the 10/22 by ruger has a 17hmr semi, and is very accurate from what I hear.

I am using marlin 571 mags, $15 at walmart and designed for the 17 hmr

I was thinking about one with a top rail....

But I have so many other projects. I am building as many receivers as possible before our next round of bans..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

77/22 IS A BOLT ACTION IF IM NOT MISTAKEN. AS FAR AS i KNOW THERE ARE ONLY 3 OR 4 MANFACTURES DOING A SA 17 HMR ONE IS A 10-22MAG COPY CONVERTED TO 17HMR.

THE BAN SCARES ME AS WELL. i WANT TO GET A COUPLE OF REGISTERD AS PISTOL RECIVERS IN MY NAME FOR BOLT AK,S AND AR,S. i THINK THEY WILL BE AT THE TOP OF THE NEXT BANNED LIST.

PRICE IS RIGHT ON THE MAGS

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

biggun, you are correct, its a 10 22 in 22mag that can be converted and add a heavier charging handle for more weight. I called my friend and had him pull it from the safe..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.