Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AR-15.22LR CONVERSION UNIT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

iirc it's the twist rate of the barrel that makes the accuracy suffer with the 22lr conversion in drop in form.

1x9-1x7-1x8 as compared to a 1x12 or 1x16? for a true 22lr barrel or upper.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 54R View Post
    iirc it's the twist rate of the barrel that makes the accuracy suffer with the 22lr conversion in drop in form.

The first time I took out my AR with the ciener kit, I was able to shoot a 2 liter water filled soda bottle at 100 yards (with iron sights, no optics). Another member here was with me and he commented on how consistent the 22 conversion was in the AR. I figure if I can hit a plastic soda bottle consistently using a conversion kit, then it is accurate enough (I wasn't trying for 10/22 accuracy.)
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 54R View Post

Makes sence. I have 223 barrels with:1-7"; 1-8"; 1-9"; 1-12"; and 1-14" twist rates. One of these days I should sit down and shoot them all witht the 22lr adaptor and see whats the best one. The 1-14" twist rate would be closest to the 22LR it would seem.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Brownells has dropped the Ciener kits as they said he was too unreliable a supplier and are now carrying the CMMG. Mine should arrive in a day or two and I'll be testing it this weekend if it doesn't rain. Regular price looks to be 199, 178 if you have an FFL 01 or 03. They gave me a good deal as I had a pre-order, $128. The savings will buy a lot of .22!

Feedback Score

I know this thread is a little old but...

I have the Ciener kit and it works fine. Shoots fair but it does give me time with my rifle without the high cost of 5.56. I have a shortened plugged gas tube that I use when I'm only going to shoot .22LR. That way I'm not foluling up my upper receiver, etc, with unnecessary gas and trash.

Black Dog Machine LLC - High Capacity Magazines for Atchison/Ciener©, CMMG©, Spike's Tactical© & Olympic Arm M261 kits - Home

Selling their mags and conversion kits.

BTW- the Ciener mags do not do bolt hold open on last shot where the Black Dog's do. The follower is exchangable if so desired...

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zoom6zoom View Post
    Brownells has dropped the Ciener kits as they said he was too unreliable a supplier and are now carrying the CMMG. Mine should arrive in a day or two and I'll be testing it this weekend if it doesn't rain. Regular price looks to be 199, 178 if you have an FFL 01 or 03. They gave me a good deal as I had a pre-order, $128. The savings will buy a lot of .22!
    zoom6zoom - have you had a chance to test out the CMMG yet? I'm curious what your thoughts are, as I might be tempted to get one to go with my ciener.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    Here's the M261 kit I have. The 10rnd mags it uses fit inside a standard 223/5.56 mag. I don't know if the high cap mags by big dog or ceiner will work with it though.
    olympic-m261

These say they'll fit a m261...

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by [486] View Post
    olympic-m261

These say they'll fit a m261...
    Thanks, I bet it'll help with feeding as the sub cal mag inserts fit differently in each mag. They work great in some and not so great in others as far as feeding bullets because of the sloppy fit of it overall. This would take a great deal of the slop out of the system.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    Thanks, I bet it'll help with feeding as the sub cal mag inserts fit differently in each mag. They work great in some and not so great in others as far as feeding bullets because of the sloppy fit of it overall. This would take a great deal of the slop out of the system.
    Cool, glad to help.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper69 View Post
    zoom6zoom - have you had a chance to test out the CMMG yet? I'm curious what your thoughts are, as I might be tempted to get one to go with my ciener.
    Yeah, it performed flawlessly with whatever ammo I threw at it. Liked the Aguila that I got in bulk from CMP, so that was a plus too - my .22 pistols don't feed that stuff well.

One thing I noted on the BDM mags, the only difference between the 10 and 27 round mags is a little bump in the plastic inside to keep the follower from going down... a few seconds with a Dremel and presto... so you nanny state boys can have a mag that says "10 rounds" in big letters on the side but... isn't.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.