Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AR-15.22LR CONVERSION UNIT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default AR-15.22LR CONVERSION UNIT

I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO MAKES THE BEST 22LR CONVERSION UNIT. I'VE GOT A DPMS HBAR A3 M4 16" UPPER 5.56-2.23 I WOULD LIKE TO PUT IT IN. IS THIS A GOOD IDEA OR NOT WILL IT MESS UP MY BARREL. ALSO WHAT ARE THE MAG OPTIONS - LARGEST CAPACITY. ANYBODY OUT THERE GOT ONE, HAD ONE, WANT ONE. FEEDBACK PLEASE.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Ceiner kit with black dog mags

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have the military model #261 (I think) kit and mags. It works ok but is real picky about ammo. Luckly the cheap remington lighting ammo works. The accuracy is nothing to be proud of either. I have to make sure to run the chamber brush through it when I'm done because of all the fouling it leaves in the chamber.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

.22 cal is smaller than 2.23 right. wont that mess up my barrel or is it like shooting .38 through a .357 ?

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I believe you're right that the 22lr is slightly smaller than the .224 bullets the .223 uses. I haven't seen any accuracy changes after shooting the 22lr ammo in my guns. The 22lr is very easy on barrels and its rare when you shoot out a 22lr barrel. The chamber insert needed to reduce the chamber from 223 to 22lr ends where the case neck would be on the 223 case. Fouling accumulates there and if you shoot a 223 round without cleaning the barrel it can cause hard extraction. About 3 years ago I was shooting my 16" mid length barreled gun with the 22lr insert, then switched to 223 without cleaning it even though i knew bettter. It came back to bite me in the ass, the first round I fired didn't extract. I couldn't get it to extract either as it had torn off the case rim. Come to find out also the pin that holds the extractor in had bent slightly and the extractor was now not working smoothly. I knocked the case out with a cleaning rod, cleaned the barrel and luckly I had a spare extractor set with me. I still use the 22lr adaptor, but always clean the gun before I switch back to 223 ammo and I've had no problems since.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

thank you for your advice guys very much apreciated. i did not want to invest my money into something i had no idea what i was getting into. i'll check out the different brands and see what fits the budget. i'm leaning towards the ciener kit but plan to check out all the options. special thanks to moleman for his input.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by akakjack425 View Post
    thank you for your advice guys very much apreciated. i did not want to invest my money into something i had no idea what i was getting into. i'll check out the different brands and see what fits the budget. i'm leaning towards the ciener kit but plan to check out all the options. special thanks to moleman for his input.
    Please do a check on Ceiners customer service or lack there of.
    Buyer Beware

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lakeracer69 View Post
    Please do a check on Ceiners customer service or lack there of.
    Buyer Beware
    i take it you had a problem with yours. did you try to send it back for some kind of problem. got me thinking twice about it.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

i take it you had a problem with yours. did you try to send it back for some kind of problem. got me thinking twice about it.
    Ciener makes a good product, but if you do have a problem or need a part, your on your own or waiting forever to get it resolved.
    If you want to get one of his conversions, get it from a vendor/show/private seller, not direct from Ciener.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

THANK'S FOR THE HEADS UP COILS.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.