Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 80% lowers. If I made them would u buy?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Big question is: will the magwell be cut? Seems that the ATF was bitching about pin holes and even magwells. Trigger group wells are out of the question.
    I'd most likely get a couple if the magwells are cut. Heck, even 0% forgings are backordered now so I'd most likely get a couple if they aren't!!!
    Thank you Mr. Obama!
    Bill
    Bill from Spartanburg

Be like an old dog!!!! If you can't eat it or screw it, just piss on it and walk away!!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'd say that if the mag well is broached and the buffer tube is ready to go, leave he rest to the builder, and keep the cost low. But what do I know.

Feedback Score

Turn out a quality product, charge what it is worth. Persons with common sense will recognize it for what it is and your sales will expand.

We need a member to produce some quality AK 80%, bends and rails, ready to go. They will sell.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i might be interested. then i might just buy some 0% lowers for the fun of it all.

Feedback Score

80% Aks. Hmmmm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Most of the time 80% AK means an AK flat, which you fold with a jig. Don't think I've ever heard of an Aluminum milled/forged receiver for an AK; you'd have to do considerable testing with it to make sure it wouldn't get all f*ed up; it'd be cool to see an integrated mag-well or something like that. If you can do steel ones, there is a market for them, check the AK-build section someone is selling them there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I would agree with prior statement on developing your product. Get pictures of it out and ask for feedback once it gets into builders hands. As long as it is reliable at a reasonable price, you should be able to sell them. We built a lot of race car parts that way. Our idea, our design, our CNC and put them on a car at the track and see how it worked. People see it, like the way it works and price is right...we had another part in our line.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'd also recommend submitting a "sample" to the ATF for written approval asking something like, "Would this be considered an 80% receiver." Hearing stories about several places stopping production of 80% receivers due to ATF interference made me think of this.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

$150 is not bad if it's comparable in quality to "Kevin's" at CNC. I would definitely buy if you could do that!

Feedback Score

I would like to do a build myself.....i will be hiding and watching with my fingers crossed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.