Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 80% lowers. If I made them would u buy?

Feedback Score

I'm game, but it depends on cost and craftsmanship.

Feedback Score

I have one free 0% paper weight.
    and have completed an 80% from ar15plus.The cost is considerably more than a complete receiver. I used the early cnc gunsmithing jig. I used the autocad files to layout on the jig to mark the jig for the buffer stop hole and the pistol grip drilling angles. Other tooling added up. I had the S&D drill for the buffer tube reaming and the buffer tap was $60 +. like they say in the ad it is a "I did it myself " thing. Now I see CNCG has added a top jig to open the fire control well. The ATF will continue to look at the time to finish as the criteria for the 80% rule. The real issue that isn't brought up is that there are no registering numbers. Consider this that there is a requirement that these can not be sold when finished. I have read discussion that this only is regarding "new" completed receivers. There was a question I read sometime in the past that after it has been used is it still un-sell-able as it is not new anymore? Does one have to be numbered then to sell and does this require registration as a mfgr.?

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”- C.S. Lewis

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.