Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is a multi-caliber lower?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hey wow I may become an AR builder if I can shoot with any upper.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Let me guess.... California, New York, New Jersey,.....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I would like to know what states require this still. and does it apply to other types of weapons????

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

I can't remember the name of the manufacturer, but a friend has a modular lower reciever that has an extra pin with interchangeable sections. It will take either AK magazines with a 7.62x39 upper or AR mags with the .556 upper. Unusual looking AR but it functions great with either combination. Just wondered if this was what they may have been refering to?

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I would like to know what states require this still. and does it apply to other types of weapons????
    1biggun I believe its the same states that have or had the shell casing trace evidence law where you had to supply a fired case with your gun when you register it. Thats how the multi caliber ar15 was explained to me by a dealer at a gunshow. I thought that law was only for handguns. Luckily for me Illinois doesn't have that law yet, but they have enough other goofy laws that only restrict law abiding people and not the people the laws are directed at.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

1biggun I believe its the same states that have or had the shell casing trace evidence law where you had to supply a fired case with your gun when you register it. Thats how the multi caliber ar15 was explained to me by a dealer at a gunshow. I thought that law was only for handguns. Luckily for me Illinois doesn't have that law yet, but they have enough other goofy laws that only restrict law abiding people and not the people the laws are directed at.
    think of all the mauser and remington 700,s out there with different barrels. this is such a stupid law an is no way inforcable. I suspose once you burn up a barrel they expect you not to rebarrel it. also 5.56 0r 223 wont mean any thing if i swith it to aay 22 ppc or 22 bench rest it still is the same calibure on my reciver.

Are striped recivers banned in those states??? how would you supply a fired round???

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Not only that but over the functional lifetime of a firearm the companets wear and can leave a different marking on the fired case. Not to mention as you pointed out the ease of changing a barrel or firing pin. Its another case of some over zealous a-hole who thinks they will stop crime with this one more new law.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.