Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trigger Suggestions?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKarl_12 View Post
    I too have a Jard single stage adj. trigger in one of my ARs.
    I did the 3lb spring, but it feels real lite compared to the stock trigger that I removed.
    The old trigger was so heavy that I couldn't hold it on a 6" target at 100yds, with the Jard trigger I can now hold 5rds in about 1.5" from that 100yds.
    Something else I found out, if you hold it lite it will bump-fire faster than full-auto.
    Hmmm.... I haven't run into the bump firing problem yet, but I will be careful. I would think you could adjust that problem out without much trouble if it occurs. I really like the smooth light pull of the Jard.

Zee
    Feedback Score

Another option are triggers from here.
    Geissele Automatics, LLC. - Hi-Speed National Match Trigger

A few weeks ago at the local funshow i tried out one of the RRA match triggers,was not impressed in the least.LOP was fine,but it felt gritty,almost like it was full of sand.
    Hopefully that one is not representative of what RRA is putting out now.
    Ended up passing on the RRA and am now looking for a couple of the Geiselle' to finish up my varmint builds.
    For around $40.00 Bill Springfield will rework a stock trigger to near perfection,a good alternative for a budget build.
    Z

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by patjsimpson View Post
    I just picked up the Rock River Arms 2 stage trigger and it is really nice. Huge difference compared to mil spec. I don't know anything about the Jewell trigger.
    I have the same in my heavy barrel target AR. Pretty good for a drop in trigger set, but I intend to polish it further.
    " The world is a very dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who do nothing about them." - Albert Einstein, 1879-1955

Feedback Score

Tanvil,

Thanks for posting the "15 Minute Practical Trigger Job for the AR-15"

I'm going to incorporate this hopefully soon. I was going to buy the RRA two stage trigger but I'm now going to try this first. Looks like it will save me $$ and accomplish the same thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MW82 View Post
    Tanvil,

Thanks for posting the "15 Minute Practical Trigger Job for the AR-15"

I'm going to incorporate this hopefully soon. I was going to buy the RRA two stage trigger but I'm now going to try this first. Looks like it will save me $$ and accomplish the same thing.
    I have done the 15 min job on a couple and as long as you're not shooting russian ammo with recessed and hard to strike primers it makes a nice pull. Also have a RRA 2-stage that I like.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I installed a Timney in a friends rifle for him. It feels like your shooting a tuned bolt gun. Single stage, 2-3lbs or so.
    Great for sandbag or bipod shooting but not something you want to run through the woods with. Safe handling practice is key.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.