Thread: Ar15/M16 Kits

Feedback Score

Default Ar15/M16 Kits

Where's the best place to buy AR15/M16 kits these days? I'm looking or 7.62x39 AR kits Thanks!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

ive gotten kits from model 1 sales they might have 7.62x39
    dunno if there the best but the qualities good mil spec
    and the prices are a lot better than most and i havent had any problems with there service

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

right now i would say model 1 sales or maybe JT/double-star.

kits are sort of short supply although there are most of the parts around except for barrels.

you might also try del-ton they have good prices and are catching up with the back-orders.

Collector & Enthusiast GreenBlood10's Avatar
    Feedback Score

This is probably a ridiculously stupid question, but I have never purchased an AR kit offline. I am looking at the 20" Standard Rifle Kit in 5.45X39. It says that all kits come complete less stripped lower, yet there is no FFL needed? So if I purchase this kit, what else will I need to buy with it? The lower parts kit for the rifle ? Just for some clarification..
    "It does not take a majority to prevail...but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood10 View Post
    This is probably a ridiculously stupid question, but I have never purchased an AR kit offline. I am looking at the 20" Standard Rifle Kit in 5.45X39. It says that all kits come complete less stripped lower, yet there is no FFL needed? So if I purchase this kit, what else will I need to buy with it? The lower parts kit for the rifle ? Just for some clarification..
    You'll need the lower receiver.

Collector & Enthusiast GreenBlood10's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Thats what I thought. Thanks 555
    "It does not take a majority to prevail...but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

the 5.45x39 full KIT is going to be tough to find. model one would be the best bet for a kit in that 5.45x39 i would think. you may end up doing what i did buy a barrel and "roll-your own upper"

i built a 5.45x39 car upper with the wilson CAR barrel. it assembled very easy, feeds and functions fine right off the work bench. one of the most straight forward and easy caliber conversions i have ever done for the AR-platform. hell you would think the AR/CAR was made for the 5.45x39--if ya didn't know better.

my 5.45x39 wilson barrel has m4 feed-ramps don't think that the m4 stuff is mandatory for 5.45x39s but all i can say is that this upper really shoots and feeds rounds well so the 5.45x39+m4 ramps is a GO in my book.

7.62x39 i would try model 1, JT/doublestar or maybe del-ton.

my last 7.62x39 CAR has been sort of an ordeal to get running right the del-ton barrel being the biggest PITA. for starters the barrel was threaded wrong at the flash hider, the second problem was the outside finish was all in the inside of the barrel and the barrel was super dirty, took much elbow grease to get that cleaned out, then the gas port in the barrel was just a shade too small. every so often i would get a short stroke. so i pulled the front sight base and very slightly enlarged the gas port.

had some feeding issues finally ended up cutting m4 ramps in the barrel extension.

it is working pretty good now. i am down to the last issue on the 7.62x39 car and it is that it will sometimes get a soft strike on the primer. i have a fix for this though. the bolt/firing pin mod should fix this small issue right up.
    Last edited by j427x; 07-02-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: how did i get off on 5.45?--LOL

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    the 5.45x39 full KIT is going to be tough to find. model one would be the best bet for a kit in that 5.45x39 i would think. you may end up doing what i did buy a barrel and "roll-your own upper"

i built a 5.45x39 car upper with the wilson CAR barrel. it assembled very easy, feeds and functions fine right off the work bench. one of the most straight forward and easy caliber conversions i have ever done for the AR-platform. hell you would think the AR/CAR was made for the 5.45x39--if ya didn't know better.

my 5.45x39 wilson barrel has m4 feed-ramps don't think that the m4 stuff is mandatory for 5.45x39s but all i can say is that this upper really shoots and feeds rounds well so the 5.45x39+m4 ramps is a GO in my book.

7.62x39 i would try model 1, JT/doublestar or maybe del-ton.

my last 7.62x39 CAR has been sort of an ordeal to get running right the del-ton barrel being the biggest PITA. for starters the barrel was threaded wrong at the flash hider, the second problem was the outside finish was all in the inside of the barrel and the barrel was super dirty, took much elbow grease to get that cleaned out, then the gas port in the barrel was just a shade too small. every so often i would get a short stroke. so i pulled the front sight base and very slightly enlarged the gas port.

had some feeding issues finally ended up cutting m4 ramps in the barrel extension.

it is working pretty good now. i am down to the last issue on the 7.62x39 car and it is that it will sometimes get a soft strike on the primer. i have a fix for this though. the bolt/firing pin mod should fix this small issue right up.
    What is the mod? I've had the same problem! B

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.