Gunco Forums banner

80% AR-15 lower receiver

4K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  dutigaf 
#1 ·
I tried do a search but kept getting a message about not using 3 words.

Anyways, If they're still available, where is the best place to get 80% AR-15 lower receivers?

#4 ·
Tactical Machining and KTO both sell the 80% with the solid FCG pocket and if you buy the CNC Guns Jigs, it's a fairly easy build with a drill press.

Now I need to figure out how to do my engraving and anodizing.

Site where I bought my Jigs; CNCGUNSMITHING - www.cncguns.com - Home of the AR45

Tactical machining; http://www.tacticalmachining.com/images/80-determination.jpg That's their approval letter drop all the stuff after .com to see their site.

KTO: Kristi Tool/KT Ordnance/Promised Land Products/Molon Labe Arms - Portal Page

I have the Jigs and a couple of each of their 80%, the KTO ones are rolled marked for legal protection he doesn't like you having a completely unmarked lower.

#6 ·
When the Forged 80 per-centers were available I bought 4.
With the jig from CNC gunsmithing the bits and tap along with the Auto Cad files I was able to do a respectable job. I have kept 2 uncompleted as they are just chunks of metal.
It is not that they are cheaper in fact with the cost of tooling, not to mention the time to complete them.They are considerably more expensive but they are CLEAN if you know what I mean.

#7 ·
A buddy of mine got a couple from here: Lower Receiver parts for the AR-15 and M-16 rifles. Click on "80% Lower Paperweights"

He measured them up and they were dimensionally within specs.

He also got ahold of a 80% made by another company (sorry, I don't know if he ever told me where he got it) which was not in spec, and seemed to me to be a lot more work anyway: Bolt hold open pin not drilled, takedown pin retaining pins not drilled, selector detent not drilled, etc.

Good luck. As Fredseviltwin pointed out, they aren't cheaper, but they come without any Imperial entanglements.

Stay Safe,
AGreyMan

#9 ·
absolutely!!

TM's are the way to go!

ive got a dozen of these or more (lost count) and these are dead on the money and super easy to finish with even just a basic drill press and some common sense.

ive got a quick "how to" on these posted.

#15 ·
its really hard to beat the tactical machining 80% lowers for around $60....

they are the most accurate lowers ive ever seen.

#16 ·
I just bought some 80% AR15 receivers from this member: woodey
I like the detail and the fact they were already anodized and all the holes were already drilled. Not much work left except the trigger well. With help from the AR15 lower jig from cncguns CNCGUNSMITHING - www.cncguns.com - AR15 80% Tooling / Drill Jig These lower should turn out really nice.

Attachments

#27 ·
I just bought some 80% AR15 receivers from this member: woodey
I like the detail and the fact they were already anodized and all the holes were already drilled. Not much work left except the trigger well. With help from the AR15 lower jig from cncguns CNCGUNSMITHING - www.cncguns.com - AR15 80% Tooling / Drill Jig These lower should turn out really nice.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm a few post short of replying to any PM's sorry for those that have tryed to contact me. I'll post away & reply

#20 ·
i did one with just a drill press and a piece of plate steel as shown in my tutorial....

its really easy to do.

#22 ·
its in the ar section.. LOL

its not a huge tutorial... its just a how to do this with a FCG template and a piece of steel.

if its gone let me know and i'll put it in again.

(i move stuff from time to time and re arrange my pix at the hosts)

#25 ·
ok i'll get it re posted today some time... not much to it but for those who think you HAVE to have a mill... it shows you that you can do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.