Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: m4 type upper complete $375?

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by logan09 View Post
    I thought about the same thing. But, I would think there would still be more than enough pressure. Maybe it will be like shooting a mid-length?
    A mid length barrel has a mid length gas tube that goes inside the gas key the correct distance. My point was you are handicapping a gas system thats already gas sensitive by removing 3/8" or half of the 3/4" that the gas tube normally goes inside the gas key.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks for this info.

I was going to get one but I don't think I'm going to keep the AR anyway, just don't care for it.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

It appears to be this one, but with a flat top GB/FSB.

Del-Ton 16" M4 Chrome Lined Barrel Assembly with Daniel Defense Free Float Tube

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

What the heck, I've got an extra lower hanging around. I just ordered 1. Still 5 left at the moment

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Thanks for this info.

I was going to get one but I don't think I'm going to keep the AR anyway, just don't care for it.

Why don't you like the AR?

I think it's a cool little platform.

There are things that frustrate me with it too, but not enough to make me want to abandon the platform... especially now that I have an SBR lower which provides a great deal of flexibility, it's my one rifle that can do it all.

I can run the following all off one lower.

.50 Beowulf
    .223/5.56 in 7.5" both SBR and Pistol* /10.5" SBR and Pistol*/16" Std/20" HBAR/24" Varmit
    5.7mm 11" SBR and Pistol*
    7.62x25mm (pending delivery)

I can't do this with any other platform. I find attractive about the platform and I think this is what keeps me in the AR platform...

Mark

* - Yes, I know that an SBR is still an SBR even if it looks like a pistol and that you cannot make a pistol out of a rifle receiver. I wouldn't do that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    A mid length barrel has a mid length gas tube that goes inside the gas key the correct distance. My point was you are handicapping a gas system thats already gas sensitive by removing 3/8" or half of the 3/4" that the gas tube normally goes inside the gas key.
    I know what you meant. I was trying to say that the recoil/pressure would be like that of a mid length, because only so much of the gas tube is in the key.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Why don't you like the AR?
    I think it's a cool little platform.
    The concept of it is a great idea, as you mentioned it's so modular. Pop out a couple pins and change the upper to have a completely different firearm, whether it's a different caliber or for different purposes, self defense, range or just plinking fun.
    I've tried quite a few different setups too (it's nice having friends at the range) and it just isn't that appealing to me.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Thanks for the link. I might pick one up(Just gotta sell my Bushy 20" upper) Well, ended up buying one. Thanks j427x, now I'm poor again!
    hey logan ifn your gonna sell that i might be interested soon with the new job and all itll go good on that bushy lower i got thats screamin fer an upper
    pm me with details

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I know what you meant. I was trying to say that the recoil/pressure would be like that of a mid length, because only so much of the gas tube is in the key.
    They probably use a cut down rifle or midi gas tube. I've also seen extra long gas tubes available that are made to be cut to length for custom applications. So I'm sure that the tube is engaging the key fully. The only thing that makes these a blem is that you can not use a regular forearm.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

These guys seem to be on the ball. I just ordered it yesterday and I've already got a tracking number. Same day shipping, Ya can't beat that.

PS I just checked the site. They're all gone.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.