Gunco Forums banner

m4 type upper complete $375?

5K views 81 replies 19 participants last post by  ace_31 
#1 ·
Custom 16 Inch 1x9 Chrome Moly M4 Flat Top Upper 4 Rail FF Handguard - Special!

now be aware that this is sort of an oddball deal as the gas port is 3/8ths inch to far out. but for the $$ this ain't a bad deal if your in the market for a complete upper with charging handle and bolt carrier group.

it has some UTG railed hanguards if your into that stuff. this set up has to use a float tube or rails due to the odd gas port location.

i would pick up one of these myself but i'm low on cash$$$ like everybody else.:)

#56 ·
i got one of these last week. took it out and shot around 40 or so rounds through it yesterday. had no issues with extraction or ftf. had a huge problem trying to get the optics we addded to zero. fun to fire, no fun not hitting what you're aiming at. guess i'll take the optics off and start over. has a dti 1/9 5.56 barrel and square forge upper.

#59 ·
i personally don't think that the gas port being 3/8ths to far out would be much of a problem. a short gas tube on a 16inch barrel is considered by many to be over gassed to start with.

i figure del-ton is shipping these things to JSE in batches they might get 10 today and 200 next week or 0.

#60 ·
If they had 20 originally, then another 20, now a 100. And they are all off 3/8 of a inch. Does that mean someone set up a machine wrong and just went to town on a stack of barrels without double checking what the heck they were doing? Im not complaining, but you would think a person running machine would stop and double check the settings from time to time. Jim

#61 ·
I ordered two of them and will order another couple tomorrow. This is an awesome deal! I will let you know how it shoots!

#74 ·
Seems like some of the mall ninja's over at AR-15.com are whining about how crappy these are, yet the people buying them are having little if any trouble with them. LOL, my crappy $375 upper works better than some of my other more expensive uppers. C'est la vie.

Mark

#79 ·
Wolf is DEFENITELY bad ammo. At CMMG web site http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=2223592&cat=159& They will void your lifetime warranty if you shoot Wolf ammo.

Also on the barrel/upper, seems like all you would need to do is take off the barrel, tap the existing gas port, insert set screw, anchor, or tig weld it shut, put the barrel on a decent drill table that has indexing, and just re-drill a new gas port hole where it should be.

#81 · (Edited)
I consider anything that causes malfunctions or voids warranties is "not good". Also besides CMMG, how about Panther Arms DPMS: DPMS: AR-15 Rifles, Parts and Accessories.

Visited with Tech support today (2-22-10) at Rock River Arms, will void your warranty if you use Wolf steel case or any other steel case ammunition in their rifles/upper.

Spoke also with Del-Ton Del-Ton, Inc. A complete line of AR-15 Rifles, AR 15 Parts and AR15 Accessories. and using any steel case ammo, including Wolf (which is an importer not a manufacturer) or reloaded will void the warranty.

Also includes Ruger, and probably more have issues with steel case ammunition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.