Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Buffer tube dimensions???

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

No spacer , You'll need a car buffer and a car length buffer tube or you'll get the same problem of the carrier striking the receiver. The car buffer tube also has a rib on the bottem that the stock locks into. If you want the car buffer tube specs let me know.

Feedback Score

Yeah I guess Ill need the dimensions for the car tube. Thanks again for all the help Moleman.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Ok, my car tube is .990" inside diameter, 1.163" outside diameter (there are two diameters, a comercial one and a mil spec one so check your stock when it comes), 7" deep bore, 7-1/4" long, the stock mounting rail is .480" wide, 4-7/8" long with the front 1/2" tapering to the tube, and .315" tall (1.478" total heigth). There is an inner slot that is 3-1/2" long, .325" wide, .145" deep. In the inner slot there are blind holes that the stock locking pin locks into. There is one at the front of the slot, one at the back, and between 3-6 total blind holes that are .3" in diameter and .160" deep as measured from the bottem of the slot they're in. I'll get some pics up in the morning. You may want to wait until you get your stock to make the tube as most of them rattle and I can't help but think if they were slightly oversize it would help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Here's the pics of my older 3 position car buffer tube. If you're going to thread the buffer tube, then you'll need to figure out a way to keep it from wanting to loosen up as the car stocks want to do. The original ones use a back plate to retain the rear takedown spring and detent. The plate has a key cut into it for a keyway cut into the bottem of the buffer tube threads. If you're going to pin/weld the buffer tube in you won't have to worry about this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Well Ive got the tube made and installed, the AR is together but still need to get a stock. Ill get some pics up as soon as my Internet at home is working again. Thanks moleman for all the help.

Feedback Score

Almost done still gotta make a buffer tube retainer and need to add the piece that the stock locks in too also need to order a really small detent for the safety.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Looks good! You shot it yet?

Feedback Score

No Sir, I need to make the buffer retainer and I dont have any ammo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The buffer retainer only holds back the buffer if the action is open. Otherwise the buffer is resting on the back of the bolt carrier. Go get some AMMO!!!!

Feedback Score

Yeah ill have to take a trip to walmart I guess. Now I need to decide if I want to leave the receiver raw or coat it. Seams a shame to cover up stainless.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.