Thread: Dumb Question.

Feedback Score

Default Dumb Question.

As not having much knowledge of AR15 barrels/kits, are the flash hiders threaded/removable?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Yes, normally they are.

This assumes that you don't get a commiefornia model with a blind pinned or silver soldered muzzle brake. If you look at the Assault Weapons Ban compliant models, they will either not have a threaded barrel or they will have a "permanently" attached muzzle brake.

Feedback Score

I live in a bann state. Isee lots of decnt priced sales for upper kitsthat have flash hiders on, So thta's why i am asking.
    Thnaks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by petro116 View Post
    I live in a bann state. Isee lots of decnt priced sales for upper kitsthat have flash hiders on, So thta's why i am asking.
    Thnaks.
    See, that's why you ask. They aren't flash hiders, they are muzzle breaks. Just get the upper shipped to you, remove the "flashhider", replace with a "muzzle brake" or muzzle nut... silver solder it, and enjoy your "banned" weapon.

I see you live in CT, I don't know about CT but, in commiefornia, you can have all those fun "banned" parts as long as you make the magazine not detachable. On the AR, this is not a bad compromise since it is so easy to break open the gun and load the mag.

Bummer you can't have the fun stuff there. I would suggest forgetting about the AR and simply go belt fed. The 1919 is completely legal there.

EDIT: Just Read CT state law, sounds like you would be best served with a non-detachable magazine... Then you could have all the evil parts... alternatively, I'd save up my money and get a something full auto... Connecticut has a really stupid law, no select fire, but full auto is just fine.

Mark

Feedback Score

Here in CT, we can have2 fun options for Assault "type" weapons, SO basically a detachable Mag and pistol grip. No bayo lugs or flashiders.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Here in CT, we can have2 fun options for Assault "type" weapons, SO basically a detachable Mag and pistol grip. No bayo lugs or flashiders.
    At least you have no mag restrictions. They try to have a mag restriction where I am at... does little good... drive to the next state, pick up your mag, bring it home. Feel good laws.

Mark

Feedback Score

that sucks no flash hiders... hmm what if you were to FIX the magazine to your receiver?

Feedback Score

Somebody needs to take that to court. It seems to me that the Supreme Court ruling last year District of Columbia v. Heller, that it was a violation of the 2nd Amendment to "ban" a certain class of firearm would apply to these limitations. These so called evil rifles are not machine guns or destructive devices.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.