Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: .30-06 stretch AR

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

For a bolt, partial carrier and barrel I'd explore a remington 74, 7400, 742 ect series rifle. The carrier would have to be modified with a tail extension and something for a piston to push against. I wouldn't make it direct impingment. The barrel already has the lugs in it like an ar15 barrel, and the bolt is already set up for hammer fired. On second thought it might be faster to adapt an 870/1100/11-87 pistol grip stock to a 7400, then mod it for the high cap mags. I've seen 742 demilled guns on gb go for cheap.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well I think a guy could maybe squeek out a little more magwell room by moving the magwell front a little more forward but keeping the front pin hole where it originally is, might not be able to hinge it forward though. Would it be possible to get away with a standard ar10 lentgth carrier and at worst lengthening the bolt tail and firing pin? If that would be workable I'm sure a guy could make a lengthened welded steel tube upper with no forward assist and a right side fixed charging handle to keep it simple. Now here's a curve ball, how crazy hard would it be (if even possible) to build a 7.62x54r ar haha

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

i did some fiddling around with photo shop (i am crappy at it so don't be too mean haha) anyway i lengthened the magwell and added another idea i had for a scratch built lower, grafting on an mg42 grip. i think they look so cool. anyway my idea is a 24 inch 8x57 barrel with a normal ar10 length upper and maybe a shorter buffer so the bolt and carrier can move a little farther back (as mentioned earlier) and fn d 8mm bar mags (in my cheesy picture i just lengthened the .308 mag) also i just pasted on a russian scope since i couldn't find a good picture of a zrak. behold i call it the ar-76 haha if it seems like it actually might be possible then i'd actually like to build something like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.