Thread: Calvery Arms polymer lower

Feedback Score

Default Calvery Arms polymer lower

Has anyone used the Calv Arms CAV-15 MKII lower receiver? It is a glass-filled nylon 6 polmyer receiver that has the stock (A2 design) and pistol grip attached. Fully compatable with MIL-SPEC parts. It retails from Brownells for $150.00, but needs lower parts kit and buffer and spring.

I would not use it with any upper over .223, but seems like it would make a cheap truck gun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I have three Cavalry Arms lowers. A Coyote Brown, a Pigeon Grey and this yellow one.

These lowers are tougher than they look. It's the same type glass-filled polymer material that Glock uses for their pistol frames.

Here's the Pigeon Grey one set up for .45 acp.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Are they still shut down by the ATF?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

This is on their home page

2/15/2010 Press Release

Dear Friends and Loyal Customers:

As you may be aware, we have been engaged in an ongoing dispute with the ATF for the past two years. While Cavalry Arms has at all times tried its best to run a lawful and honest shop, unfortunately, some regulatory compliance mistakes were made. We have now come to the point where we feel it is in our best interest to close our FFL and to cease all firearms operations.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i have one i bought a year or two ago. i like it pretty well. it is pretty sturdy. i wouldn't hesitate to build a 7.62x39,6.5G or 6.8spc on one. now a .50bw ??-- i would have to think on that one!

i mostly use my cav-arms lower with my 5.45x39 upper. the cav arms polymer lower is the ticket for a ultra light weight AR-15.

maybe some will stay in production in other makes? i know saber and armalite had a polymer lower model in their line ups a while back.

my only gripe is that the upper pins go in backwards from a regular AR--and their not retained in the upper in any way so there bound to pop out and land in the dirt on a field strip.

if you like light weight and the a-1 style stock i say go for one!

Feedback Score

I've got a couple(one black, one fde) with a few hundred rounds thru each. So far, so good. I like the versatility of the magwells, thinking of buying a .45acp and .22 uppers to use on these too. Currently have one as .223 and the other 9mm.
    The info I have is that Calvary Arms is out-of-business but another company was looking at picking up their tooling to produce the line under new management, nothing firm yet. I guess if anyone has a source and is interested in the CavArms lowers, you should get it while the gettin is good.
    Fire In The Hole!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

This is my wifes, nice and lite and shoots great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike

Gunputz

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.