Gunco Forums banner

7.62 x 39 ar

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
Well,been thinking of an AR but dont want to mess with 5.56 since i have nothing but ak's but i was wondering what mags you would use for that caliber?I have not seen any in x39.

#6 ·
Have you seen this new type AR lower?
They call it a Modular Weapon System, it has quick change mag wells.
You can change your AR to shoot any ammo from .22 to .50 Beowulf.
They were showing it at Knob Creek, and they have an add in Shotgun News Apr. 20 issue page 76. Here is there internet link.
MGI Lower Receiver with Interchangeable Magazine Wells
Not a bad idea, but 10,000 rounds later will it still be a stable lower.
And for the price I could pick 5 of the cal.s that I wanted to shoot & buy lowers for those.

#7 ·
i built one last year--got the last16" barrel DTI had in 7.62x39 during the great buying panic of 09.

if was a bit more involved to build than the 5.56s. i had to re drill the gas port one size larger. i think DTI sent me a returned barrel--it was dirty as sin out of the box.

after i got it cleaned up and touched up the gas port hole in the barrel it is a sweet shooter.

those 7.62x39 c-products mags function well and at $9.95 a pop are a steal.

#9 ·
not really ut its a lot of fun to shoot...

love my ar in x39. it does a HELL of a lot of more damage at a shorter distance than the 223....

#10 ·
i have been gatherning parts for one for 5 or 6 years. i am not in a hurry i guess. it uses the ak mags. i think i have enough parts to finish it now. just to find the time to do it. a buddy of mine finished his. a picture of his.
his shoots great. i hope mine does also when i finish it.
(i bought 2 sets of uppers and lowers and sold him 1 set.)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.