Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 7.62x25 AR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56 View Post
    get a ppsh 41 or 43 bbl, they are cheap and chrome lined. make a bushing to fit it to the upper and cut it to the desired length. thats half the battle. then make a mag well adapter for either ppsh 41 or 43 mags. they are cheap and readily available.
    +1 I totally agree.

As far as the bbl goes, PPSH 41 & PPS 43 PARTS : Buymilsurp.com, Your source for military surplus.

I personally would do the bolt & carrier from ak 74 parts, and avoid the EODjim route.
    Peace Through Strength

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    +1 I totally agree.

As far as the bbl goes, PPSH 41 & PPS 43 PARTS : Buymilsurp.com, Your source for military surplus.

I personally would do the bolt & carrier from ak 74 parts, and avoid the EODjim route.

If you are doing a blowback Tok 15...my adaptor would work well with the olympic 9mm bolt and barrel extension. the use of a 43 barrel or 41 barrel would be a bear to make it feed due to the difference in bolt design between them and an AR as well as the difficulty getting them adapted to fit the AR upper reciever......best bet is making a barrel from a blank. If you want a blowback, get an oly bolt and barrel extension ...it'll work the best but if you want the best.....go gas...it is sooooooooo much nicer. for a colt style blowback...the mag has to go back in the magwell and an auxillary feed ramp installed to get the round to feed correctly....trust me....in the last few years...I have flogged all of the above mentioned horses.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Machinist View Post

If you are doing a blowback Tok 15...my adaptor would work well with the olympic 9mm bolt and barrel extension. the use of a 43 barrel or 41 barrel would be a bear to make it feed due to the difference in bolt design between them and an AR as well as the difficulty getting them adapted to fit the AR upper reciever......best bet is making a barrel from a blank. If you want a blowback, get an oly bolt and barrel extension ...it'll work the best but if you want the best.....go gas...it is sooooooooo much nicer. for a colt style blowback...the mag has to go back in the magwell and an auxillary feed ramp installed to get the round to feed correctly....trust me....in the last few years...I have flogged all of the above mentioned horses.
    Ooohh.... tell me more! Or if you dont mind send me a link.
    I will check this out tommorrow, My brain is toast tonight being I did'nt catch a wink last night. So I'm heading in early
    Thanks much for mentioning this to me !
    Peace Through Strength

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    Ooohh.... tell me more! Or if you dont mind send me a link.
    I will check this out tommorrow, My brain is toast tonight being I did'nt catch a wink last night. So I'm heading in early
    Thanks much for mentioning this to me !
    Sorry no links....website isn't done yet but ....I'll fill ya in

I prefer the mag forward position for several reasons.....first, no auxillary feed ramp....I ramp the barrel extension....but don't eliminate the locking lugs, second...it allows me to use the mag with no modification....the adaptor I make uses the same latch surface and depth stop on the mags as the original weapon....the pps43. Third, I'm able to use the original AR mag release ...only thing it dosent have is last round bolt hold open, eventually I hope to make a new mag for the AR that eliminates the adaptor....but no real hurry as flawlessly as it runs.

I developed my version of the DI gas operated Tok 15 using old bulgarian 1950's ammo....and had it where it would only malfunction once or twice every couple of mags...and that was due to failure to extract. Once I got 1980's Czech and Romanian ammo...I honestly can't remember the last time I had a malfunction. Damn thing runs 100%, plus it runs cleaner and no worries about out of battery discharge. I just spray it down good with carb cleaner and then a light oil after shooting....and clean thoroughly maybe once a month...and I have a 4140 barrel.

I pretty much don't have any blow back stuff that I shoot any more...my DI Gas op AR45's have no recoil, run cleaner and have no worries about out of battery discharge. I'm doing a 10mm for a customer at the moment and as soon as it is done I have a gas 40 S&W and even a 9mm gas op on the bench partially completed.

If I was gonna build a blowback Tok 15 I'd go with an Olympic bolt and make a barrel as the olympic uses a barrel extension that houses the feed ramp much like a locking breech AR......for a colt style bolt you'll need an auxillary feed ramp which moves the mag back in the well necessitating the use of a paddle release or slotting the mag for the AR mag catch....and I hate modding mags

Eventually I'm planning on producing a bolt of my design for blowback kits that will come with a mag adaptor, barrel, and bolt for shooters on a more restricted budget but it's at least a year off ...need time to build the orders I have, work in the engine shop ( I build engines as a living, but hoping the gun business will put an end to that) and actually develop and test the hell out of it...don't like selling somethng without at least a couple of thousands rounds down range out of the prototype

If I missed anything feel free to email me at qualitymachine@bellsouth.net with any questions you might have. I Have the domain registered for the new gun business...but no website up. Keep your eyes open for Macon Armory in the future, once it is up, I'll be doing all things pistol caliber and doing complete guns as well......07 FFL will be back by then. Feel free to give me a shout.....I'll build you one...or build you parts.....or build one using your parts .......or just offer advice if you want to do it yourself, but I'd rather build you one

Rudy

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

rudy , so you said 50's bulgarian ammo are no good ? can you build one that works for all tok ammos ?

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

the 50's is rough...but because of the locked breech...it shoots fine...occasionally you'll have a failure to eject and that will cause a malfunction...but it shoots great...I ran 2400 rounds of it through mine...had three of the 800 round tins and I wasn't gonna throw it away...LOL....it is just that the later manufacture stuff dosent split case necks and such...so it runs way more reliably.
    Last edited by Mad-Machinist; 10-02-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I had 20 tins that is why , lol

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Dang! You know your stuff!
    By any chance are you building these for sale? I dont suppose you have a pic. if not that's o.k.
    I am interested in one, if at all possible.
    Thanks for taking the time to describe All your work!
    Rob
    Peace Through Strength

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Actually I do build them for sale.....doing a batch of 5 right now.....3 are spoken for....the other two still don't have a date......and I am extending the $50.00 discount I was running for Gunco and Weapons Guild members.....yall can thank SDK1968/ditigaf for that.......he's the one who sent me over here..... Normal retail for a complete rail system handguard upper with magwell adaptor is $850.00 but as a Gunco member your cost is $800....and if you are really into building...come on over and visit us at weapons guild.......and feel free to put me down as a reference.... Mad Machinist there Mad-Machinist here.

Drop me an email at qualitymachine@bellsouth.net and we can discuss configration. Attached is a pic of a partially finished magwell adaptor...and the laser cut flat it starts from. I'll try and get some pics of my presonal Tok 15 at home tonight....no decent place to take pics of it here at the shop LOL and I'll warn you now...it has been serving as my truck rifle so it'd kinda beat up , but I guess that is a good thing...it is reliable enough that I rotate it with the AR45 in the truck...all the 5.56 AR's pretty much stay at home unless I go out to specifically shoot them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mad-Machinist; 10-02-2010 at 07:56 PM.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Here is a pic of my personal Tok15...as you can see my guns aren't safe queens.... This one still has the prototype mag release and adaptor....still in the white and not trimmed to match the magwell... I'll get around to updating my stuff eventually....

This is the configuration the current stock build comes in...16 inch barrel with mid legnth rail system and no sights. The yankee hill and carry handle was what I had laying around in my junk box...eventually I'll put some kind of optical sight on it, and maybe a laser..... I know a couple of rural dumps where we can go shoot rats in the evening...ought to be a hoot with a laser. I can also do the 1.5 and 5.5 inch flash supressor with front sight base and carbine legnth rail system if that is what you prefer.

While the split clamp gas block does restrict the use of a couple of specific rails.... I can accomodate any of them with a modified yankee hill set screw low profile. Pretty much whatever you want on it I can build.

Rudy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.