Gunco Forums banner

7.62x25 AR

6K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  dutigaf 
#1 ·
Im interested in building my next AR in 7.62x25tok. I want to SBR it with a 7.5 in bbl. Ive found a few upper reciever kits to convert for arount $800!!
From what I understand the standard AR boltface has to be opened up a bit, or a custom bolt be used. Theres vids all over you tube of guys with Tokarev ARs but they dont give any build info so thats why Im here. Anybody got any info where to get the parts to BIY?

#5 ·
the 9mm bolt head works just perfectly on the 7.62x25 case...

thats what im using in my Prexis tok upper and im pretty sure thts what MadMachinist is using in the other AR upper that he is custom building for me.

s

#7 ·
9mm ar bolt head.. YEP for the 9mm AR.. they sell them at most of the decent parts places.

delton
dsa
model 1

#12 ·
Best bet is a barrel blank and make your own.....I have a new blank on the way and am looking at a barrel to shoot tok ammo with a 9mm blowback colt style bolt, and a heavy buffer.......not sure how my magwell adaptor will work as it was designed for a gas operated arrangement but it is on my list of things to do....but honestly.....once you shoot a gas gun you wonder why you ever screwed with blowback.

#10 ·
those barrels are getting a little harder to find..

if you'll hang in till next week i'll have you some pix of my new custom 7.62 TOK ar upper in action and how you can get one.

or you could always look at my tok AR upper in the side feeder from Prexis.

s

#13 ·
#14 ·
Unfortunately it isn't one of mine.....LOL......
I'll extend the same $50 discount to Gunco members off the $850 retail for a complete tested upper with magwell adaptor that is available to members of the weaponsguild. One added benefit of my design is NO modifications to the PPS43 magazine is required...just stick'em in and shoot..........let me know if I can help any one......

Rudy

#19 ·
What would you like to know?.....I build each one basically to customer specs...my base model with a flat top upper, rail handguard (midlegnth with a custom vented endcap) , and a 16 inch barrel runs $850.00 It includes a mag well adaptor for PPS43 magazines that uses the original mag release from the AR and requires no modification to the magazine....no slots...no mods...just stick it in and shoot.

My gas blocks are made from steel and honed to fit the barrel and are a split clamp design and my gas tubes are hand made from stainless tubing and removable from the block. I prefer the split clam design as it completely removable on the 16 inch barrel standard uppers, and I am working on a two piece block that is removable on the CAR style uppers without removing the frontsight base....Dutigaf has the prototype of that one on his TOK 15.

If you want an A2 upper, or a carbine legnth handguard with a standard FSB all is doable....just need to send me an email with your preferences of what you want and we can get started. Also...if you have parts like an upper, bolt carrier and bolt, charging handle....I'll be happy to use them and deduct my cost of those parts from the cost of the build.

I'll try and get a pic of my personal later today...it is the standard model.
They shoot phenomally...I have upwards of 6000 rounds through mine and it just runs better every day. When it was developed...I had occasional jams resulting from failures to eject...but they went away after I shot up all the 1950's bulgarian ammo I had:biggrin:....with the current czech and romanian stuff it runs 100%

Additionally....my magwell feeds from the forward position in the magwell, so no auxillary feed ramps are necessary....the feed ramp is a minor modification to the barrel extension, but it dosent eliminate any of the locking lugs like some pistol caliber conversions I have seen ...plus, closer the mag is to the chamber...better it feeds....:cheers:

feel free to email me at qualitymachine@bellsouth.net with any other questions. Hope to be opening the doors under a new name in the next 6 months, I'll be doing complete pistol caliber conversions,(complete guns) primarily gas but will be doing blowback too as Macon Armory. Hopefully in the fiuture we can occupy the actual grounds of the old Macon Armory (CSA) within the next two years. (I like to metal detect too) If someone would like a complete gun now...it is not a problem...a local 07 is a friend and as we help each other out, he will be happy to process and complete gun transactions for me...I build the uppers and then assemble and test at his place and he does the transfer for now.

Sorry I have't been around too much as of late...but been trying to stay in the shop...got a couple of prototypes in the works and about 10 customer builds going right now ranging from a 40 S&W AR pistol to a 10mm on an AR45 lower with grease gun mags with a heap o TOK15's and AR45 in between. Also working on a 5.56 pistol with a 4 inch buffer that actually runs.....and I can do pistol uppers or SBR on request

Ya'll holler if I can help ya....
Rudy

Here's a quick video of mine runnin with the old bulgy ammo

#16 ·
Dont want to put down another mans product...

but i will "put up" Rudy's..

not only is Rudy a stand up guy, he makes a fantastic product and stands behind it in everyway..

love mine and shoot it all the time. ...

#18 ·
all cool bud...

i'll put it this way:

theres not a "tool mark" on Rudy's anywhere.. its very very high quality and you can tell he takes his time and hand fits it all together.

ive not handled the RMW versions so couldnt give you an honest input on those.

#26 · (Edited)
the 50's is rough...but because of the locked breech...it shoots fine...occasionally you'll have a failure to eject and that will cause a malfunction...but it shoots great...I ran 2400 rounds of it through mine...had three of the 800 round tins and I wasn't gonna throw it away...LOL....it is just that the later manufacture stuff dosent split case necks and such...so it runs way more reliably.

#29 · (Edited)
Actually I do build them for sale.....doing a batch of 5 right now.....3 are spoken for....the other two still don't have a date......and I am extending the $50.00 discount I was running for Gunco and Weapons Guild members.....yall can thank SDK1968/ditigaf for that.......he's the one who sent me over here..... :D Normal retail for a complete rail system handguard upper with magwell adaptor is $850.00 but as a Gunco member your cost is $800....and if you are really into building...come on over and visit us at weapons guild.......and feel free to put me down as a reference.... Mad Machinist there Mad-Machinist here.

Drop me an email at qualitymachine@bellsouth.net and we can discuss configration. Attached is a pic of a partially finished magwell adaptor...and the laser cut flat it starts from. I'll try and get some pics of my presonal Tok 15 at home tonight....no decent place to take pics of it here at the shop LOL and I'll warn you now...it has been serving as my truck rifle so it'd kinda beat up :D, but I guess that is a good thing...it is reliable enough that I rotate it with the AR45 in the truck...all the 5.56 AR's pretty much stay at home unless I go out to specifically shoot them.

Attachments

#30 ·
:biggrin:Here is a pic of my personal Tok15...as you can see my guns aren't safe queens....:biggrin: This one still has the prototype mag release and adaptor....still in the white and not trimmed to match the magwell... I'll get around to updating my stuff eventually....

This is the configuration the current stock build comes in...16 inch barrel with mid legnth rail system and no sights. The yankee hill and carry handle was what I had laying around in my junk box...eventually I'll put some kind of optical sight on it, and maybe a laser..... I know a couple of rural dumps where we can go shoot rats in the evening...ought to be a hoot with a laser. I can also do the 1.5 and 5.5 inch flash supressor with front sight base and carbine legnth rail system if that is what you prefer.

While the split clamp gas block does restrict the use of a couple of specific rails.... I can accomodate any of them with a modified yankee hill set screw low profile. Pretty much whatever you want on it I can build.

Rudy

Attachments

#31 ·
Mr. Mad you are the MAN!
that is super sweet.

Out of curiousity can you tell us why you where having or are concerned about of out of battery discharges?

A bolt hold open device would be a great boon to these uppers...as long as the follower could be adapted to all x25 mags and uppers!:biggrin::cheers:

Are you gonna be doing AK's also?

Also, Mad I got you confused with AKmachinist he's the one I ordered part's from.

#32 ·
On the topic of out of battery discharge.....once you have one you'll never want another....:biggrin:.....and they are a possibility with any blowback weapon unless designed with a trigger disconnect to prevent hammer fall or striker fall untill the bolt is 100% closed......that isn't a feature of the blowback AR's as it was originally intended to be a locked breech weapon.

Last round bolt hold open will have to wait on a dedicated mag.....and it is being worked on....:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.