Gunco Forums banner

Pondering an AR build

766 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Johnny_V 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Reviewing some of the posts on this and other AR forums, and have been pondering the idea of building an AR from a forging from Tactical Innovations. Any input would be greatly appreciated....

NRA Life Member - 1976

Johnny_V

#2 ·
that is raw a solid forging. there would be some fun cutting out the mag well.

good price on it though. ASA has some 80% lowers but they ain't cheap i think they were like $120 the last time i looked. they have the difficult/special tools required jobs finished up though.

if you have the tools and jigs you can build one from a solid forging though, many have.

#3 ·
j427x,

Thanks for your reply. I have a machine shop in my garage (Bridgeport, Pratt & Whitney lathe, Victoria horizontal mill, grinders, etc), so it looks like a new challenge. Where would be the best place to purchase all the parts for the lower?

#5 ·
Thanks for the info j427x. So far I have the raw forging from Tactical Innovations, the complete machining instructions from Ray-Vin, I have already machined the clamping pads, got the lower kit from Weaponparts.com, a couple of mags from surplus ammo, and of course the upper from CDNN, and now I'm waiting on some cutters from Wholesale tools. I know this will probably be more expensive to build than to buy, but it will be clean. I will take pics of the build when I think of it, but it has to go onto the back burner for a while, at least until I get the tile done in our foyer (honey-do list comes first, then I can play in my shop). I will keep you updated.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.