Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ammo problem?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Red face Ammo problem?

I'm having trouble with one of my ARs and can't figure it out. It's a Del-Ton 5.56 upper-20in. I've used a Rock River lower and one of my 80% lowers with a DPMS parts kit. I can shoot Fiocchi and Remington UMC with no prob with both lowers. OH- I have C-products and P-Mag mags. Anyway whenever I try to shoot any steel cased ammo I have probs no matter what mag or lower. It will load and fire 1 round-. But 90% of the time it will eject the case but not load the next round. Sometimes it might fire twice but not often. Hey 427- Do you have any ideas? Thanks Bill

Feedback Score

Load 1 round into a mag and see if the bolt locks back, if it doesn't then gun is short stroking. I've heard that wolf can be underpowered, your rifle may be undergassed too. Hell, even heavy grease can do it.

Check the rings, make sure they're not lining up, check the gas key for leakage, make sure the rifle's oiled or just a THIN coat of grease. Oh yeah, check the gas tube for restriction/blockage.

Absolute last resort is to open up the gas port.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Went today to try a few things- I pulled the whole bcg out of the Del-Ton and put one in from one of my Rock River ARs. It shot everything I fed it. I can't see any difference in the bolts or the carriers. I do know when I got the Del-Ton kit it had a tag saying not to shoot steel case ammo. I just want to be able to shoot anything out of any of my ARs. Any thoughts??

Feedback Score

Possibly a plugged gas tube or a small gas port, or maybe even a burr stuck in the gas port from the machining process.

Does it lock open on the bolt hold open in the delton upper? If it doesn't then it is short stroking for sure.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I think it's got to be in the bolt or the carrier-I used the same Del-ton upper assembly, I just changed the Del-ton bolt and carrier for Rock River! I can't tell much of a diff between them by looking at them. Del-ton wont shoot steel and the Rock-River bolt and carrier in the Del-ton upper will shoot Russian. I'd hate to buy a Rock-River Bolt carrier group to put in it!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yes, it will lock open

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Is the gas key loose? I had this problem w/ one of my bushmasters, had to re-torque the bolts, and re-stake it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Just checked- it's tight. I'm wondering what the diff is between Del-Ton and Rock River Bolt Carrier Groups. I can't see a difference but that's the prob. Why won't the del-ton run steel? I take that bcg out and put the rock-river bcg into the upper and it eats anything!! I might just go to RRA site and buy another bcg for that damn del-ton upper!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I would try taking the bolt out, and switching it with the RRA bolt(put in the delton bolt carrier). Like 486 said, it might be the gas rings.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks guys- I'll try to go Mon morning. It's got to be something small- I just haven't found it yet-but it drives me CRAZY!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.