Thread: .45 ACP gas operated AR

CEO Macon Armory Inc. Mad-Machinist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default .45 ACP gas operated AR

I thought ya'll might get a kick out of this one as well as the TOK 15.....the Gas operated AR45....it is based on the CNC guns lower and uses unmodified M3 Grease Gun magazines...

and here is a 25 round mag dump

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Very nice
    I really like the "unmodified mag" part
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

That is sort of a sticking point with me....... I despise conversions that involve cutting slots or welding tabs or otherwise fiddeling with things to make it work.....that is why I hate Olympic pistol uppers....not because thay are faulty......they're actually pretty well made...but having to weld blocks onto mags to make 'em fit.....it's just kinda cheesy......

At the moment I'm exploring a gas 9mm as well with sten mags.......I also have an idea for a blowback that will not need the olympic or colt style ejectors......

and also on the list is a 40 S&W/10MM that uses HK MP5-40 mags.....it'll require a custom upper and lower.....but it will hopefully use the standard mag release location....and have last round bolt hold open.......eventually I want to make a mag for an unmodified lower to work with my gas designs....but don't hold your breath...I suck at sheetmetal......LOL

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That looks great! I've been gathering things for a 9mm gas ar15 also. I still need the 5.45x39 bolt, but I have everything else. I have sten mags but was considering using uzi mags. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the 9mm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Actually a 5.45 bolt is a little big.......for the tok builds I use a 5.56 bolt and open it up.....and it works great. That is what I'm doing for the 9MM as well.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Huh, I wouldn't of thought the extra .002" difference in the 5.45x39 rim diameter and the 9mm would make a difference for the 9mm build. The 5.56 bolts are cheaper though and easy enough to open up on the lathe. Thanks for saving me a few bucks! Did you have to alter the extractor at all for the larger 7.62x25 case?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

LOL...I swear the last time I looked it up the 5.45 bolt was like .020 or better larger than the 9mm head, guess I'm loosing my memory...........as far as the tokarev...no mods to the extractor.......I did have to round the corners on the .45 ACP.....but I also start with a .450 bushmaster bolt....

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.