Gunco Forums banner

AR-47

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  mg555 
#1 ·
I'd seen something like this before, but skipped over it at the time since my interest in ARs was low.

It's an AR that takes AK magazines. At first glance it seems silly - AK magazines are more expensive, heavier, and the release isn't as convenient.

This morning I realized one reason you might want to go that route - from what I've read, cutting the magazine well out of a 0% lower can be a big deal for people with limited equipment. The opening for an AK magazine is much shallower.

An AK magazine would also be convenient if you were doing a 7.62x39 conversion, or if you wanted to use an inexpensive steel drum.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
i have been working on mine for 5-6 years now, i now have all the parts to finish it, but it is down the list of several to finish. 1st one. i am going to install a 6 position stock on it now.

i had 2 sets ( upper and lower) of these to start with and sold one to a buddy of mine. he finished his quickly and shoots it. his is the second picture.

ron

i think i may have posted this before.

Attachments

#9 ·
Why don't you just make a "poor man's SCAR" and machine the upper to accept adapters, then make an adapter to accomodate whatever magazines you need. That way you can swap uppers and only have to worry with one lower!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.