Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Carry handle

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I gotcha now. Kinda like the bb thing I suggested for BBill only with more surface area. For now they haven't bothered me enough to fix them. Although I've mostly been shooting the uppers that have some sort of optic on them lately for some unknow reason

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yea most flattops end up with some kind of optic/red-dot/scope and the carry handle is more for GI looks these days.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    one of my pals drilled a tiny hole through the base on one of his chi-com copys. and inserted a tiny pin through the hole with a little JB weld to stick the pin in the base.

the sight is true and square now. the little hole and pin hard to notice.

the trick here is make sure you have the holes drilled through the sight and into the base square!
    Similar idea, but not in the baseplate. Drill a small hole on the "tight side" of the carry handle. Be sure placement allows full elevation without slipping out. Install a spring and pin to apply pressure to straighten out the sight. Now its twisted opposite what it was. So, on the opposide side drill a hole and thread it for insert of a hex head setscrew to adjust it perfectly straight. It'll take a few tries, but when its right, a drop of red locktite on the threads and you're done.
    "A large caliber is good to have, but its shot PLACEMENT that counts"
    Synweap223

"The way is in training"
    Miyamoto Musashi

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I used j427x's trick to square it before tightening it down and its even now. One last question- Model 1 web site has parts for the standard sight. The standard A2 aperture is only 7.00 Is that what I need to change or is another part the problem? I'll check back later-going to the Colts game and drink a few cold ones! Bill

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by synweap223 View Post
    Similar idea, but not in the baseplate. Drill a small hole on the "tight side" of the carry handle. Be sure placement allows full elevation without slipping out. Install a spring and pin to apply pressure to straighten out the sight. Now its twisted opposite what it was. So, on the opposide side drill a hole and thread it for insert of a hex head setscrew to adjust it perfectly straight. It'll take a few tries, but when its right, a drop of red locktite on the threads and you're done.
    I like the set screw idea. There is aleady a bb and spring on the left side of the sight housing so you don't need to add a second one though. perhaps mirror opposite of the bb/spring side drill your set screw hole and drill a smaller hole all the way through to the back so the set screw can be adjusted while the sight is installed. I'd use a ss screw and smooth and polish the contact face of it so it doesn't dig into the aluminum receiver.

BBill, if you raise the sight up or run a few rounds through it, doesn't the spring that wants to push the sight to the right win?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

I got the bbl & bolt head from model 1 and the rest from rock river, it cost a little more but it was worth the extra $$ in my book. I have an 11" bbl on mine and it makes the gun feel like a .308.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    I like the set screw idea. There is aleady a bb and spring on the left side of the sight housing so you don't need to add a second one though. perhaps mirror opposite of the bb/spring side drill your set screw hole and drill a smaller hole all the way through to the back so the set screw can be adjusted while the sight is installed. I'd use a ss screw and smooth and polish the contact face of it so it doesn't dig into the aluminum receiver.

BBill, if you raise the sight up or run a few rounds through it, doesn't the spring that wants to push the sight to the right win?
    Yes, just like your picture-the front goes to the left and the rear to the right.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

BBill, I don't think there is a way to adjust it as the gap and sight housing cant it causes are a result of the distance of the hole for the sight housing and the back of the sight groove it rests against. You could epoxy a piece of a feeler guage to the front right surface of the sight housing to bring it back square, but it would look crappy and eventually loosen and piss you off even more ( I know it would me). I'd try drilling the right side of the housing oppset of the detent for a bb that would stick up the ammount needed to straighten out the sight housing. Welding it up and milling the right side a little wider and refinishing would give the most bullet proof method, but thats alot of work. I haven't taken apart or installed an A2 sight in at least 12 years so take it for what its worth.
    Ordered a couple of springs and a couple of ball bearings. After reading your answer I took it apart and I'm going to drill a hole on the right side and put a ball there. Only a dollar apiece so I ordered 2 of everything-including the roll pin. If I don't lose any thing it'll go in the ole' parts tray. I'll let you know when I get the parts from Mod 1. Should be easy to drill the other side! Ha Ha --famous last words. Bill

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

BBill, The rear sight in my picture has a gap on the left side of about .030". In order to get keep the rear sight square on mine, I'd need to drill my pocket so that the BB sits .015" above the main body. I don't believe you should use a spring as then it'll just be a battle between which spring is stronger, the one thats already there on the left side or the new one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

BBill, The rear sight in my picture has a gap on the left side of about .030". In order to get keep the rear sight square on mine, I'd need to drill my pocket so that the BB sits .015" above the main body. I don't believe you should use a spring as then it'll just be a battle between which spring is stronger, the one thats already there on the left side or the new one.
    So just drill a small dimple?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.