Gunco Forums banner

just what is BRD ?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
Some say a boat is a hole in the water you throw money in. I say an AR is a project thats never complete. A friend of mine talks me into building an AR insted of just buying off the shelf. Well shure, it sounds fun, how much? Oh arround $600. Its much better to build what you want than replace the shelf bought parts. I guess i have spent 3k (lost track) on one fire stick and theirs more junk on the list. I guess thats where the mall junkie term was coined. more like net nerd, hell I have spent more time lookin for AR crap than I have shootin it. Ammo stacked knee deep, mags out the wazoo and I havent even zeroed my acog...much less the fancy Buis. Id be more inclined to bore a bad guy to deth with my show and tell than actualy fire a round at em. wouldnt want to scratch it or somthin.
Gosh I feel a lil better now, I guess I post a pic befor I buy that two stage trigger.

Note: the home made sling is the wife justifyer. I told her the rifle wasnt worth buying a sling for so i just made one;)

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice rifles I'm starting to get into ar's just got a complete lower trying to figure out how I'm gonna build the upper now I'm thinking a similar setup you have in the first pic some type of red dot with BUIS on a flat top upper my lower is a superior arms with the trigger travel adjustment screw it has a nice crisp break and no slop.

I figured I had to have atleast one lol but I know what you mean ive been researching how I want to build this project for a couple of years now and still don't know what I want the final setup to be lol

#3 ·
sku11ey nice rigs!
There's nuthin wrong with a "homemade" sling either...:hippy:

I have an lower I just put 2gether and early next year I "plan" on getting a BCM or LMT upper for it.
For know I gotta get some ammo.

I am a reasonbly new convert to the AR but I really like them know.

Hey I am from your area...which range you shoot at?

#4 ·
range

The last place I shot was the Texas City gun range but that was befor ike. The Arms Room which was a few blocks from my house just opened an indoor range on I45/ FM646. Thats where Im pickin up Drac-ula (Draco+Tula). Ill see if I can shoot it inside. I was thinkin of bringing a welders tinted face shield to see if i could get some funney looks. well see if the fire ball catches the targets aflame. One of these days Ill try to get in the psc range in friendswood they have a 300 and I need to test some privi match 75grs. aginst some home roll smk 77grs. for the AR-SPR.

#5 ·
sku11ey

I know how you feel. Super nice weapon there. I have a few AKs so decided too get into ARs.
My God. It is worse than buying a new truck.
Did you want the titanium spring or the gold spring, the chrome bolt or the aluminum bolt. Stick barrel, heavy barrel.
Now I just say. "I dont friggen know. Just give me the one in the advertised picture."

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.