Thread: suomi k31 9mm barrel for ar 9mm?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911 suomi k31 9mm barrel for ar 9mm?

anybody use the k31 9mm barrel to do a 9mm ar-15 upper?

looking at the photos from copes it looks doable-

i am thinking maybe a gas operated 9mm just to play with--maybe a 357sig gas pistol build--LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

yeah you could do it..... but id buy the other barrel that rus listed first. lol
    say what you mean & mean what you say

YES, i work for TEC Tactical.. 07/02 SOT

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

For the gas operated upper you'll need to thread the chamber end to 13/16"-16 which is .812.5" diameter. The back end of the suomi 31 barrel is around .78" ish IIRC so it is too small to thread for the barrel extension without a sleeve. At that point you might as well just get a green mountain blank. If you're going with a gas operated the barrel RR linked to has a blowback "barrel extension" on it which won't work for gas operated. You'd have to remove the blowback barrel extension (if it's not just a part of the barrel), thread it and probably cut some off of the barrel (if the extension is threaded on) and rechamber it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    For the gas operated upper you'll need to thread the chamber end to 13/16"-16 which is .812.5" diameter. The back end of the suomi 31 barrel is around .78" ish IIRC so it is too small to thread for the barrel extension without a sleeve. At that point you might as well just get a green mountain blank. If you're going with a gas operated the barrel RR linked to has a blowback "barrel extension" on it which won't work for gas operated. You'd have to remove the blowback barrel extension (if it's not just a part of the barrel), thread it and probably cut some off of the barrel (if the extension is threaded on) and rechamber it.

now that is the info i was looking for!

thanx moleman!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I would go with the GM blank and do a search here, I bought a bunch o reamers cheap from a member who puts them up for sale periodically. I dont know if he has a 357 sig though. If worse comes to worse I could chamber it for you (9mm) but you would have to be very patient on the time frame.

Search tags for this page

suomi ar build

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.