Thread: suomi k31 9mm barrel for ar 9mm?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911 suomi k31 9mm barrel for ar 9mm?

anybody use the k31 9mm barrel to do a 9mm ar-15 upper?

looking at the photos from copes it looks doable-

i am thinking maybe a gas operated 9mm just to play with--maybe a 357sig gas pistol build--LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yeah you could do it..... but id buy the other barrel that rus listed first. lol
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

For the gas operated upper you'll need to thread the chamber end to 13/16"-16 which is .812.5" diameter. The back end of the suomi 31 barrel is around .78" ish IIRC so it is too small to thread for the barrel extension without a sleeve. At that point you might as well just get a green mountain blank. If you're going with a gas operated the barrel RR linked to has a blowback "barrel extension" on it which won't work for gas operated. You'd have to remove the blowback barrel extension (if it's not just a part of the barrel), thread it and probably cut some off of the barrel (if the extension is threaded on) and rechamber it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    For the gas operated upper you'll need to thread the chamber end to 13/16"-16 which is .812.5" diameter. The back end of the suomi 31 barrel is around .78" ish IIRC so it is too small to thread for the barrel extension without a sleeve. At that point you might as well just get a green mountain blank. If you're going with a gas operated the barrel RR linked to has a blowback "barrel extension" on it which won't work for gas operated. You'd have to remove the blowback barrel extension (if it's not just a part of the barrel), thread it and probably cut some off of the barrel (if the extension is threaded on) and rechamber it.

now that is the info i was looking for!

thanx moleman!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I would go with the GM blank and do a search here, I bought a bunch o reamers cheap from a member who puts them up for sale periodically. I dont know if he has a 357 sig though. If worse comes to worse I could chamber it for you (9mm) but you would have to be very patient on the time frame.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.