Gunco Forums banner

suomi k31 9mm barrel for ar 9mm?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  vz58 
#1 ·
anybody use the k31 9mm barrel to do a 9mm ar-15 upper?

looking at the photos from copes it looks doable-

i am thinking maybe a gas operated 9mm just to play with--maybe a 357sig gas pistol build--LOL

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
For the gas operated upper you'll need to thread the chamber end to 13/16"-16 which is .812.5" diameter. The back end of the suomi 31 barrel is around .78" ish IIRC so it is too small to thread for the barrel extension without a sleeve. At that point you might as well just get a green mountain blank. If you're going with a gas operated the barrel RR linked to has a blowback "barrel extension" on it which won't work for gas operated. You'd have to remove the blowback barrel extension (if it's not just a part of the barrel), thread it and probably cut some off of the barrel (if the extension is threaded on) and rechamber it.

#6 ·
I would go with the GM blank and do a search here, I bought a bunch o reamers cheap from a member who puts them up for sale periodically. I dont know if he has a 357 sig though. If worse comes to worse I could chamber it for you (9mm) but you would have to be very patient on the time frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.