Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My sons new 300 AAC Blackout

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

VZ, I love the look of the handguard! How did you index it as you cut it?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I made a fourth axis on the cnc i built. It was easy. Position tool .500" in drop to .055" cut slave a axis to x axis, specify 180 degrees negative over a 7" x axis run. Do itdo it 19? Times evenly spaced.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

SStuff like that is stupid simple now. If your looking for something along those lines pm me.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

And here I thought you did it with your dividing head and the green machine. Building your own cnc is even better! I do have a couple builds that I'm slowly working on that I haven't got handguards yet.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lol the dividing head had a cogged belt gear machined for it, a stepper motor, bracket and belt added and it became the fourth axis on that is green machine that i put 3 axis on. Its hard to believe but i go to the "real" machine shop in town now and cuss about counting turns of the dials and where to account for backlash etc.

I can cut zigzags on the tube,spirals multipitch spirals etc.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

My handguard on the 450 bushmaster with a low pro upper

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

First test fire was today! The gas port isnt drilled but that and little rounding of the chamber mouth is all that is left on th upper. Fired case was perfect but the sharp chamber mouth scratches or hangs up manual feeding from the mag. No biggie as i didnt want to do it before assembly and testing. My wife and i were surprised at th sound level of the round and the ABSOLUTE lack of flash and powder burn on the test board it was strapped to. Pretty quite to for an ak powered round.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

VZ, I'm not well versed on the AR's, so I apologize for my ignorance, but how do those handguards on your 450 and your son's 300 blackout attach to the upper? They look great.
    Last edited by 2ndAmendican; 10-01-2011 at 07:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Instead of a delta style ring you will have a external threaded barrel nut. the hand guards just screw on the barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Oh, ok. I get it now. Thanks BigAl.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.